Reload this Page >

Enchanted Gardens v. Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Jamie Que

Has anyone been to these resorts and if yes, what are your thoughts and the best of the two? Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Monique

Well I just got back from Jamaica a week ago. I stayed at GLSS but our bus dropped people off at the Enchanted Garden. It is a much nicer property then sunset beach resort. It is a spa propert that is not on the beach. No kids and I would rate it from what I could see at least a 4 1/2 star. You can walk to what is supposed to be the best italian restaurant in Jamaica, Evita's. It also has a lovely grotto pool I belive and has no children. The only downside being it is not on the beach. I think they bus you down but I can't be sure. Sunset beach accepts children. It is on the beach and not far from the airport. It has 3 restaurants but is just your run of the mill Jamaica all inclusive. If I had my choice I would go to the Enchanted Garden. I hope this helps.

Old May 20th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Kristy

DO NOT STAY AT SUNSET BEACH!!. We stayed there last year. Our room was very small, to get to the pool and restaurants you had to walk through the gazebo area and gardens, in other words through the mud and cut grass that had not been bagged!. I tried to get our room moved but in order to do it we would have to have moved 3 times over the 7 days to accomodate other previous requests by other people. The food was pretty good but that was it. The beach was small and the water was dingy with lots of seaweed and debris. The outside sitting areas had furniture that was upholsted in non weather resistant cloth and thus it smelled really bad. Pick any where but here.

Old May 21st, 2001, 04:39 AM
Kay

Hi <BR> <BR>I have friends who have stayed at both places and liked both. I think Enchanted is a little more romantic and they do take you for free down to the beach it is a bout a 10 min. ride. <BR> <BR>Kristy: I am sorry you ahve such a bad time at Sunset. I know several people, including friends who just got back, from Sunset. They just loved it and had a great time. They said the room wa great as well as the food and beach. They told me that kids really did not bother them. Maybe it was just a fluke for you. You should have had your travel agent fax them a stronly worded letter about waht happened to you. That is the only way the managers of resorts can make changes is if people and travel agents complain enough. <BR> <BR>

Old May 21st, 2001, 01:46 PM
Cori

Stayed at Enchanted Gardens about 5 yrs ago and loved it. The grounds used to be a botanical garden before they built a resort on it. There are waterfalls on the grounds which you can lounge under and a bird pavillon where twice per day you can walk into and these exotic birds will sit on your shoulder, head, etc to feed them. The room we were in had a living room, kitchen and bedroom. I'm not sure if all the rooms are that big. It's all inclusive and the food was quite good. They do bus you the the beach which is about 10-15 minutes away. I would go there again. <BR> <BR>Cori