Embassy Suites Dorado

Feb 27th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Original Poster
Embassy Suites Dorado

Can anyone give me feedback on this hotel? We're looking to travel at the end of April with our toddler and one grandparent so we would like a kid-friendly, beachfront location with a 1 BR set-up. Is there a kiddie pool, etc.? We were also considering the Hyatt Hacienda condos in Dorado (on the old Cerromar grounds). Any idea as to which would be better for us?
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I've never been to the Embassy Suites, but from what I've heard, the grounds are smaller, more crowded, and the beach is not as good as the Hyatt. The Hyatt grounds are enormous. Both are family friendly, but I'm guessing the Hyatt will provide more opportunities to escape from kiddie noise & congestion for those adults who want to take an occasional break.
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I have stayed at the Embassy and been to the Cerramar.

Embassy Suites has a kiddie pool, but there is also a shallow, beach-like section of the main pool for little kids.

Embassy Suites may be a better value given the suite layout and complimentary breakfast. We were very happy there with 2 children.

The beach is MUCH nicer at the Hyatt.

Mar 16th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Absolutely Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, it has everything you are looking for. However, if you are traveling with three adults and one toddler, I recommend the two bedroom there (not even sure if they rent 1 br) as it will have plenty of space and two bathrooms. I think the 1 br set-up, which if they rent separately, is a lock-off from the two bedroom and would be tight with that many adults, plus someone would be sleeping on a pullout couch. I am an owner at Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar so I am pretty familiar with it.

Search this Thread