Luxury Hotel

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 04:02 PM
merc

Luxury Hotel

Everybody seems to be talking about the Atlantis,it seems a little tacky. What about the Ocean Club,is it a nice resort? I'd really appreciate some info. on this hotel, considering it's not often spoken about.Many thanks! (what is the accomodation like?)

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 07:52 PM
Danny

I ain't exactly a fan of the Atlantis, but I will say this. One thing it most certainly NOT is tacky. Every report I've ever seen on it indicates nearly 100% of the people agree it is one really amazing place. My problem with it is money. Open your wallet real wide if you are going to stay there. It is probably the only resort in the Bahamas that can have the word luxury associated with it, but you really, really pay for that luxury.

Danny

Old Mar 4th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Eileen

No way is the Atlantis tacky! It is by far the most beautiful resort in Nassau/Paradise Island. The British Colonial Hilton is also beautiful, but is not a resort.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 11:58 AM
merc

ok, maybe the Atlantis isn't tacky but again nobody has said anything about The Ocean Club. This is the only hotel on the island to be a member of the "Leading Hotels of the World" company (LHW.com)- i've stayed in 6 hotels around the world who have been awarded with this honour and without any doubt, they are the best. So again, I find it very strange that The Ocean Club isn't spoken about more. Can someone PLEASE give me some info. on the place (accomodation etc.).Many thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 01:37 PM
merc

I quote a lady who thoroughly enjoyed her stay at the Atlantis "Las Vegas meets Disney World". Now, i'm not saying that it isn't beautiful and stunning etc., but the above quote isn't my idea of an exclusive hotel. It sounds far too big to begin with, like some sort of luxury amusement park.If I wanted a vegas style hotel, i would have gone to Vegas.If i wanted a disney style hotel, i would have gone to Orlando. I certainly don't want it in the Caribbean. So if I used the incorrect wording earlier("tacky"), I apologise. Hopefully now my intended message is clear. It's just that the Ocean Club seems a little more exclusive, private and not so much of a fair ground.I'd appreciate some info. off people who have actually visited or stayed at the Ocean Club. (accomodation etc.)Many thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 02:32 PM
Scott

I have stayed at Atlantis and visited and dined at the Ocean Club. Atlantis is big and pretty amazing in its own way, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I should have instead stayed at the Ocean Club and only visited Atlantis. Atlantis is way too big to receive any sort of personalized service, while the Ocean Club is focused on providing high quality service in a very classy, quiet, relaxing and beautiful setting.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 05:14 AM
Lara

Merc, I also have dined at both resorts, and been to Atlantis to gamble many times before and after the renovations. I think your use of the word "tacky" in regards to Atlantis was completely accurate!

Whoever called Atlantis the only luxury hotel in the Bahamas has obviously not seen places like Ocean Club or Pink Sands. Atlantis is luxury in a Vegas-kind of way.

The Ocean Club is really, really nice. Elegant, quiet. I wish I could have seen the rooms.

The reason you don't hear about Ocean Club much is because of its exclusivity and the price. Atlantis has been very heavily marketed to the masses.

There are some older postings on this board about the Ocean Club--just do a search.

Please post a trip report if you go!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 11:16 AM
merc

Just to say thanks to Scott and Lara for telling me exactly what I wanted to hear. I certainly will post a holiday review when I return. So ive decided on The FisherIsland Club in Miami and then on to The Ocean Club, Bahamas. Once again, many thanks!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 09:35 PM
Mike

And when the Four Seasons finishes building its beautiful, new resort on Great Exuma in the Bahamas there is no doubt that it will become THE place to stay in that region!!