Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Elbow Beach - Bermuda (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/elbow-beach-bermuda-28861/)

J Markowski Jul 16th, 1998 06:29 PM

Elbow Beach - Bermuda

Has anyone been to Elbow Beach in Bermuda, or know anything about it? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>

jc Jul 21st, 1998 12:25 PM

bermuda is absolutley gorgeous. this beach is lovely, one of my favorite places is bermuda

Lana Craig Jul 21st, 1998 12:31 PM

<BR>Bermuda is only 20 miles long and about 1/2 mile wide. Where ever you stay you will be happy. It is the best vacation spot any where. Rent a scooter. It is safe. Speed limit only 20 miles hr. No guns. No crime. They love tourist. Very clean every where.

Laura Jul 22nd, 1998 05:36 AM

I have never stayed at Elbow but have heard good things. However, on the Bermuda message board on America Online, I have been reading post after post about the fact that the hotel is currently undergoing some major renovations. Quite a few people have suggested looking elsewhere at this time. You might want to check this out.

Leslie Jul 22nd, 1998 05:54 AM

I've never stayed there, but have spent a day on their beach which was beautiful. There's a nice <BR>beachfront bar/restaurant as well.

Ann Jul 22nd, 1998 04:05 PM

I stayed at Elbow Beach last year and loved the hotel and beach. The hotel was beautiful and the restaurants were very good. Elbow Beach was one of the nicest beaches in Bermuda. Pink sand and crystal clear water!

mary kruft Jul 23rd, 1998 07:13 AM

right next door and NOT under renovation is the beautiful Stonington Beach Hotel....smaller....more "bermudian" ....just spent a week there and loved it....good beachfront restaurant for lunch at Elbow but check out stonington.....and the meals are to die for.......you'll love. Bermuda is absolutely incredible. <BR>

Bernie Jul 25th, 1998 06:19 PM

Never stayed at the Elbow Beach, but I've never heard a bad word about it. While you're in Bermuda, don't miss Horseshoe Beach or the little cove at the east end of it. You'll love Bermuda. Get the Bus Pass while you're there. It allows you to ride any of the ferries or busses and you'l surely meet a lot of wonderful people. Riding a taxi you get to meet a limited number of people and the Moby-Go-Slows (Mopeds) can be just plain dangerous. Don't miss the caverns, gun powder caves where you can learn some American Revolutionary War history, the Aquarium, the Swizzel Inn or the Perfum factory.

Judy Jul 30th, 1998 12:46 PM

Just got back from Bermuda last month. Have not stayed at Elbow Beach, but plan to next time. We <BR>did eat dinner at their seaside restaurant. We <BR>were told that the renovations would be complete this fall. The bungalows are open now but the main hotel is not. The advantages I noticed were: <BR>1) Their beach was beautiful and wide (most Bermuda <BR> beaches are pretty small) <BR>2) Their location is much closer to Hamilton and <BR> other places we wanted to visit. We did not <BR> rent a scooter and used the bus system instead. <BR> This worked great during the day, but at night <BR> the buses run so infrequently we had to rely <BR> more on taxis and those fares run up fast! If <BR> you may be using the taxi more than once or <BR> twice I would definitely consider this location. <BR>3) I assume the property will be really nice after <BR> the renovations are complete. <BR> <BR>Judy <BR>

Jennifer Apr 13th, 1999 11:40 AM

I've been reading all of the messages about how wonderful the Elbow Beach resort is. I currently have reservations at the marriott Castle Harbor and am wondering if I should change them. How conveniently located is Elbow Beach vs Castle Harbor and what are the rates for a week at the end of July? Thanks, Jennifer <BR>