We're going on a 3-night/4-day getaway in November from the NYC area. We want a direct flight and a hotel close to the airport to cut travel time.
We're looking for:
--as uncrowded a beach as possible without leaving the safety of a resort
--special occasion, so we don't want to be disappointed by a rundown hotel
--room with some privacy features would be nice (like a private balcony or plunge pool) but not necessary
--laid back, not stuffy vibe
Not looking for:
--a plethora of activities
We'd go to the Bahamas but too hard to travel to the out islands. Also probably more expensive. Turks and Caicos was another option but also expensive. So we narrowed it down to Punta Cana for convenience and the most value.
What is the least crowded resort beach that you've ever been to in PC?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 2 Havana restaurants
- 3 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 4 Family Vac in March
- 5 A Week In Cuba
- 6 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 7 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 8 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 9 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 10 Christmas vacation
- 11 NYE in Punta Cana
- 12 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 13 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 14 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 15 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 16 Abaco day trips
- 17 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 18 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 19 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 20 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 21 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 22 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 23 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 24 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 25 sailing the Abacos