Dr. No in Jamaica

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
patty

Dr. No in Jamaica

Just watched the Old James Bond Movie the other night and was wondering was it really filmed in Jamaica. If so... where?
Thanks,
Patty

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 07:05 AM
ohliz

Yes it was, a lot of movies are/were.

I think it might be the one that was filmed on Booby Cay, off the coast of Negril...or that might have been 20,000 leagues under the sea....
Liz

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 07:39 AM
jane

I watched it too! I know it was filmed in the Ocho Rios (Dunn's River Falls) and the Runaway Bay area (Bauxite Mine). There is a beach near Ocho Rios called "James Bond Beach".

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:57 AM
RemainingNameless

Jane's right! I have a great story about this beach. We went to Couples Ocho Rios in the 1980's, met a local, who took us on our first-ever snorkel trip to James Bond Beach. We cabbed over (8 people in a toyota) sneaked through an estate yard (which had an elaborate treehouse, which our "guide" claimed was the treehouse used in Swiss Family Robinson...) and we asked about ganga. Well, this guy (who had 3 friends waiting on the beach - kinda scary) disappeared and came back with a piece of paper bag and a huge bud, which he rolled into a spliff and we all shared. Then came our snorkel lesson - ha! I went around in circles (forgot to lift my head up and look - was so dazzled by the stuff below) and got tired. Went back to shore alone, where the 3 friends were "watching our stuff". Got nervous, so took a walk by myself while hubby was still out snorkeling. A little further down the beach was a mini version of the Dunns River Falls, with naked and seminaked people swimming in it. I will never forget that. 50 degree freshwater falling into 80 degree saltwater. My husband found me there a little later (he had an armload of coral - at the time it was not politically incorrect yet to take the stuff). Boy the risks you take when young! Nothing bad happened, we still reminisce about this day. True story!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:44 PM
tivertonhouse

Have dinner at The Houseboat Restaurant
(strangely, on fondue and such)at Bogue Harbor, 10 min.west of MoBay and meet the owner, an English actor, who as '006' was dispatched of rather decisively in the first 5 min. of the film 'Dr.No'