Reload this Page >

Dorada Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM
katybird

Friends have a time share they are generously offering us for sometime in Oct.
A few questions:
How much for a taxi from the airport to the hotel?
What do dining costs run if eating at the resort?
Would we need to have a car rental to get to a grocery store or other restraurants?

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 04:02 AM
rqf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time share is on the grounds of the now closed Cerromar Hotel. Pool and beach are still in use as are a few restaurants. Dining is relatively expenive. A shuttle bus runs to the Hyatt Dorado which is next door and the restaurants at that facility are not inexpensive. There are no restaurants off the grouinds that you could walk to. Airport to hotel will cost at least $60. I don't know if there is a grocery on the grounds. A rental would be useful.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:05 AM

Hi, I am an owner at Hacienda Del Mar, it is a great place, how lucky you are that someone is sharing it with you! There is a shuttle from the airport called Dorado Transport, it is about $25 pp one way so if you have two or more people you might be better off with a taxi. We have been there twice without a car, going next in November and renting one this time, much easier with our family of four. I do not think the restaurants are expensive, but I am used to Philadelphia restaurant prices. There are several good restaurants at the resort -- a great Asian restaurant, a casual outdoor beach cafe, Su Casa -- which is in a lovely old hacienda and serves wonderful food, the golf club restaurant, Johnny Rockets for cheeseburger and milkshake-type fare, and another more formal restaurant at the Dorado. So there are quite a few choices, we don't get bored when we are there for a week. There is also a small convenience store/deli on the property, but if you want to go to a real grocery store or the restaurants in Dorado you will need a car or a taxi. Sometimes we also order pizza for delivery and eat in the condo. Last time we took a taxi to the grocery store, it was about $7 one way. The resort also has a wonderful breakfast buffet for about $14.95. And the lunch prices at the beach cafe I think are really reasonable. The kids menu is a bargain! They don't scalp you like other places.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:31 AM
katybird

Thanks so much for the prompt replies.
Eileen - What would be your guess for a price range for dinner at the resort without drinks? I am trying to get a sense of what a week would cost us there. This would have to be a low budget vacation as we have other vaction plans in place all ready! This offer came out of the blue and we would really like to go. Flights alone from the East Coast are enough to kill you!

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 07:13 PM
katybird

Anyone?

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM

I have not been in a while (going again in November) but have a friend who just returned from there. It's difficult to estimate a dinner price because it depends on the individual -- drinks? appetizers? dessert??? Etc. However, at the high end restaurants such as Su Casa, the entrees are about $25 - $35. However, there are lots of options to keep costs down such as eating in your condo, going to Dorado restaurants, having breakfast and/or lunch out instead of dinner, etc. I have been to lots of places in the Caribbean and I can honestly say that Hyatt Dorado/Hacienda Del Mar is one of the most reasonable in terms of prices.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:05 AM
katybird

Eileen, Thanks so much ..that gives us an idea. I know some places can be over the top.
HAve a great time in Nov.It looks just beautiful!