Reload this Page >

don't you just hate posts like 'the best place in the world'

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2001, 01:24 AM
Jenny

whoever it is posting this on every forum - get a life and leave the forums for people with serious questions!!!

Old May 7th, 2001, 02:59 AM
Alby

For those who travel, Fodors is an opportunity to relive their past adventures by helping others. A posting such as you mention is kind of like a huge beach ball that you can't get your hands around. You can't really do anything with it, you're bored with it almost instantly, and so it just hangs around until the air finally leaks out of the damned thing. Beyond the simile, the person asking wants nothing but to get attention for what he/she probably imagines triumphantly is "the ultimate question" [drum roll on tin drum]. I would never contribute because my contribution means nothing. But Jenny, these folks do have a life, it's just that it's trite.

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:20 AM
Dave

The only thing worse is people who post anonymously.

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:59 AM
Mary

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Hearing about someone’s favorite place in the world could be enough to spark an interest to research that area, perhaps visit it, and maybe even be thankful that person recommended it or else you never may have gone there. And even if that’s not the case, I find it interesting reading most of the time. What's the big deal, anyway? Nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want to read.

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:18 AM
luke

The thing that bothers me is posting a question about Freeport and either getting ignored or slammed for traveling to freeport. If you search under freeport, I have a couple of questions. I am grateful to anyone who has time or inclination to help me out with some info. <BR> <BR>

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Jenny

to Dave <BR>I can't speak for anyone else but the reason that I post anonymously is because of advice from this forum!!(People have been sent junk emails because they gave out their addresses) <BR> <BR>to Luke <BR>I wish I could help!! I do know the feeling of asking for help and none to be forthcoming. Lets face it, most people who come to this forum are only too willing to help, we were just unlucky that the right people weren't reading it that day!!