So my husband and I are looking to book a vacation for the last week of March (2013) and we'd like to go somewhere different! We have lived in Hawaii (Big Island, Kona) and have visited Maui as well as all over Oahu, so we've experienced the many exciting island adventure indigenous to those islands...
I know that Carribbean islands are quite versatile depending on where you go, so I have been doing a lot of research! We are age 29/31 and love adventure and don't mind a good sweat for an activity! We both love the water, but enjoy off shore activities as well and especially LOVE good food (one thing I will firmly state was NOT a luxury in Hawaii). I should also note that I will be getting my Scuba certification in the next month, so I'd like to find a place that has good diving that is appropriate for a novice.
Initially I was looking at a Southern Carribbean cruise, but I have to say I have many reservations about taking a Cruise... We're not big on large crowds or the feel of commercialized restaurants, etc. I thought the cruise would be an opportunity to visit several different places just to get a little experience, but then I also feel like it would be sort of half-assed bc you are only there for a day or part of a day.
Please! I'd love you to share your thoughts/experiences to help me in this decision! Vacations aren't cheap and our time off is precious, so we want to make sure we are making the best decision! =)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 2 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 3 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 4 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 5 Which Island to visit
- 6 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 7 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 8 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 9 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 10 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 11 Taking Items to Cuba
- 12 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 13 Bermuda Restaurants
- 14 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 15 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 16 Christmas vacation
- 17 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 20 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 21 NYE in Punta Cana
- 22 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 23 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 24 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 25 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
Done the Hawaii thing. Need help choosing a Carrib. vacay destination!