Reload this Page >

Don't delay taking your trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM
owa

Hi Everyone, There is so much good advice given so generously on this board. I thank you all for helping me.

It isn't really advice I want to give--just a statement from the heart. If you can afford the time and the money and there is somewhere you dream of going, don't wait. I volunteer two days a week at a Cancer Center, and I hear over and over from the patients how one's life can change so quickly. I hear about regrets and what is really important.

We are 65 and healthy, but one never knows when that will change. We have trips booked just for the two of us and one for my family of ten.

Good health and happy travel to all. Owa

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree completely with what you said. Enjoy life while you are able.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM

AMEN
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
owa, If I could, I would plan 5 trips a year!! My husband limits my trip spending!!!LOL..
I agree. Enjoy life and see the world!
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Right you are. I was found to have cancer when I was thirty eight. I immediately decided to rethink the way I lived. I have travelled extensively since then. My coworkers often told me that "when I retire" or "when the kids are out of school" or something similar that they,too , would travel. I can't believe how many of them died before doing any of it. Go for life, don't wait!
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 04:14 PM

I agree! As a cancer survivor I am traveling much more than ever before and having a blast! Just got back from a relaxing, fabulous week in Anguilla and was in Paris the month before. As much as possible, I no longer put things off.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 07:43 AM

Hi Owa,

I couldn't agree with you more.
Also, I commend you on your volunteer work. I bet you hear often, "Should have spent more time with my family, Should have traveled more..." I doubt you hear "Should have worked more..."

To Cmc & Jeangail ~ I am SO glad you won the battle. My Dad wasn't as lucky, but he did embrace his family with all that he was, so for that I am grateful. I still wish he and Mom could have traveled more though. He died at 60 from cancer.

Carpe Diem! May we all seize each and every day.

Tiff
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Ah, Tiff, so sorry about your dad's passing. Mine died when he was forty one and you would have thought I learned then how precious life is...but, had to learn the hard lessons on my own.
On a happier note, I hope the Idaho trip was fabulous. Happy birthday, travel on!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Thanks Cmc, sorry about your Dad, too and yes, I agree, sometimes we do have to learn the lessons on our own.

The Idaho trip is coming up in four weeks, we are looking forward to seeing that part of the country. (it was my 20 yr. high school reunion that I think you are thinking of that was last weekend, that was only 3 hours away, and quite interesting, lol)

Thanks too, for the birthday wishes, and travel on back at cha!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM

You are right, I got a bit confused...not a first! Enjoy Idaho and gorgeous Coeur D'Alene.