I am looking to go someplace warm the first week in February, and I'm considering the Dominican Republic. I'm not necessarily against the idea of staying at an AI. However, I don't want to be isolated at one, either. I want to be able to go into town, hit the bars and restaurants, after a day in the ocean and pool. I want to feel like I'm in a foreign (as opposed to, say, a place like Cancun). Are there any areas in the Dominican Republic that would fit that bill? My budget is somewhat limited, more three star than five star. Other Caribbean islands are too expensive. I've been to Mexico several times in recent years (Puerto Vallarta, Playa Del Carmen) and would like to experience someplace else.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL 1800~570:1233 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Sup0rt! !!
- 2 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 3 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not