Search

T&C Ocean Club East

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Gin
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C Ocean Club East

We are thinking of trying the original OC in Feb/March. Is the nearby construction finished, and is there a noise issue with Club Med being so close? Thanks for any input.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:45 AM

Super resort. We never heard any noise from Club Med. As far as building noise, the whole island is experiencing construction. We were never bothered by the construction.

Very nice resort. Well run, the beach bar is great!

Peace, Greenie
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 05:54 AM

I was there in Aug. (OCW) and I will tell you I heard some concert going on at Club Med from my hotel. It was so frustrating!and loud!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 05:54 AM

3 nights in a row! I may add!!sorry to be a wet sock but I was just there!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 09:29 AM

I have a condo at OC East and have very rarely heard anything from Club Med. There was a music festival in early Aug., maybe the noise was from that. Sunnydelite was staying at OCW, not East. My last trip was late July. The construction at Tuscany next store is almost finished, they are working on the landscape now. It is due to open in the fall. Go and enjoy, it's a nice friendly place.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:06 AM

sunnydelite...i wonder if the music you heard was coming from ports of call across the street...we've stayed at ocw lots of times and club med is not audible from there...however...calico jacks has great live music on friday and saturday nights that is easily heard from the back rooms at ocw...we enjoyed hearing it ourselves but it seems from other posts of yours i've read that you were not happy with ocw at all...you should write a trip report and tell everyone why...i'm very curious since we have always had nothing but the best at ocw...
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM

I think the writer was referencing Ocean Club (east).

We were there last year and never heard any music or anything from Club Med. Our unit was right behind the office nearer the back pool. It was very peaceful. We never had the sliders open at night.

There was some construction noise, but nothing intolerable. There is building going on all over the island.

We loved the resort and would return in a heartbeat.

Peace, Greenie
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 03:25 PM

hi greenie...i know gin was asking about oc east but sunnydelite had mentioned the noise she heard from ocw and i was responding to that...
i think both ocean clubs are great and i don't think club med noise would stop me from enjoying my stay at either...