Divi Dutch Village or Amsterdam Manor?

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
JWH
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Divi Dutch Village or Amsterdam Manor?

Because we are on a budget, have waited a bit too long and are not staying five days (only four) these two seem like the best choices for our vacation in February. We are looking for a relaxing, quiet beach vacation with good swimming. I know neither will be luxury, just looking for imput on either to help make our decision. Thanks for all the replies we have had helping us plan our vacation!
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
KVR

Both have an AI option if your are interested in that. The Amsterdam Manor is across the street from the beach. At night they offer Passions restaurant, which is a beach dinner.
Get at least the Superior Studio or above. The standard does not have a private patio area.

The Divi is bigger with more dining and other options than the Amsterdam. There are 3 resorts within that complex. Not sure how close the Dutch Village is to the beach.

If you want the AI option, you'll probably get more for your money at the Divi. If not, the Amsterdam Manor is a smaller property, will probably be a little quiter and is closer to Palm Beach. There is a bus stop right out front to get to Downtown and Palm Beach.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 04:13 PM

We have a timeshare at Divi golf resort. If you stay at the Divi you can use all pools at all there resorts. I would go with Divi but Amsterdam is fine. They have a nice breakfast buffet which we have been to and Passions is right across the street. I am partial to Divi's resorts and I would choose divi for more variety. The pools are nicer larger, and the beach is the same proximity across the street there is a shuttle that takes you to any divi property including the beach if you don't want to walk. We always walk we prefer to do so. I personally would go with Divi. Amsterdam is small with just one square pool.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:05 AM

We stay at Amsterdam Manor twice a year and love it there. We never do all-inclusive in Aruba - too many great places to eat (alot of casual places, too, if you're on a budget.) Amsterdam Manor also has kitchens or kitchenettes is all of their rooms. We save a few bucks by going to the grocery store in Aruba and buying breakfast items, snacks, and our beverages (we take a small soft sided cooler to the beach with beer, water, etc.) We like to save our money for a nice dinner out at night. They also have a great beach bar with a 2 for 1 happy hour every day from 5pm-6pm.