Reload this Page >

Westin St. John Great Rates

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:45 AM
michele

I just checked the starwood.com website to see what westin's rates were for St. John in March 2003. They just went down to $219--this is a great rate compared to the $400+ that they have been offering.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Becca

I know people will probably jump down my throat for this post. My husband and I stayed at the Westin St. John this past Sept. and had a fabulous time. HOWEVER, we Pricelined the trip for $70 a night - a truly great deal. I think $219 is still way too pricey. Pricelining a room for under $100 a night is the only way to go for the Westin St. John.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:37 PM
michele

I won't jump down your throat, but... The Westin is a very nice hotel. There are only 2 resort-type hotels on St. John--one of which is the Westin. Considering that most of the rooms in high season go for around $400, $200 is a steal (especially in high season). I tried Priceline w/o success. If you want to go during high season, I think this is the best deal. What time of year was it when you used Priceline for the Westin?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Becca

I agree that the Westin is a very nice resort. I've also stayed at Caneel Bay during my honeymoon - the other resort on St. John. Caneel Bay was wonderful, but is has gotten so unaffordable. Pricelining the Westin was a way for my husband and I to affordably get back to St. John, and we were happily surprised at how nice the Westin was. We used Priceline about this time last year for our September vacation. We first tried $60 a night with no luck and then we tried $70 with success. Good luck!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:57 AM
xxx

Were you happy with the Westin? Last week there was a thread on here in which someone said it wasn't good - rooms were run down. What did you think?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Tim

If you're a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons type of person you will NOT like the Westin. On the other hand, if you're a Holiday Inn type person, it will be PERFECT for you!!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 03:35 AM
You Again Tim

For a Motel 6 person Tim, you sure know how to critique hotels you have never been too!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:33 AM
michele

The prices just went up again in March. Jeez--they good prices don't last long. If you want to book at the Westin St. John and you have a few months, I suggest reserving a room at the lowest rate you can find for a "guaranteed room." In other words, you don't have to shell out any money until you arrive (you will suffer a severe cancellation policy if you fail to cancel within 3 weeks of your arrival). Then, keep checking the Westin website everyday for lower rates. When you find them, drop your prior reservation and get a new one. Just my two cents..It worked for me ($389 down to $209).