Did St Lucia get hit by Georges?

Sep 30th, 1998, 06:14 AM
Diana

Did St Lucia get hit by Georges?

I had heard that both Sandals in St lucia got hit by Hurricane Georges? Did they? How bad? How about the rest of the island?

I am going there for my honeymoon in May and hoping all is well. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 30th, 1998, 08:47 AM
kelly

I just returned from my honeymoon at the Hilton there. The island didn't get much at all. Our hotel got absolutely nothing. People we rode with on the helicopter had stayed at Sandals. They said that there we high seas there and the pool had been filled with sand from the beach. Other than that, I believe that is the extent of the damage.

Oct 3rd, 1998, 09:52 AM
Leslie

Hi, just returned from St. Lucia and hurricane george "came thru" the day before we left. St. Lucia suffered very little (I saw none) damage, and still looks like the day we got there.
We stayed at Sandals Halcyon and suffered no damage, although our beach got big rough waves that brought in wripped up coral , etc from the sea. Therefore the beach was closed and unsafe for last days there. At the larger Sandals, there pool was closed due to high waves bring in sand from the beach. Some areas of the resort were "flooded" according to a couple we met who transfered over to Halcyon for the remainder of their stay.

Search this Thread