Diana...have pity for the waterlogged

May 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Diana...have pity for the waterlogged

And please entertain us with your trip report

Tiverton needs to get away from his sump pump and the phone, EJ needs to hea lots of details before her escape and I need to get away from Food TV...since there is precious little in my cupboard ;-)

All your New England pals could use a ray of sunshine

Marion
May 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM

I am SUCH a slacker!

Maybe I could do it in stages and that would not be so overwhelming.

I wanted to try to do it the best I could with lots of details. I've just now been home almost a week and still haven't had the heart to take off my toe ring or red/gold/green/black ankle bracelet.

I'm still really nice to others in traffic and smiling at everyone and trying to retain the rosy glow of Caribbean travel.

I PROMISE to do at least the Grenada part by the end of the day tomorrow - 'kay?
May 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

'kay ...we'll wait until tomorrow to put down our bailing buckets and put the sump pump on automatic...is there a switch for that on a sump pump ?

I am impressed that after a week you're still *mellow*. I usually lose the rosy Caribbean glow at my re-entry airport. But then I don't have a magical elixir in my suitcase ;-) Maybe that's the key to a more gentle re-entry !

Take care...

Marion
May 16th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Diana, I as well am looking forward to your trip report!

We to are in a weather "funk" here in Michigan. I just looked outside and the sky had a weird cast to it. Seems there is a brilliant sunset in an area of no clouds I haven't seen the sun for so long that I am now seeing "spots" from the brightness. I might be turning part vampire.

Marion,
Stay dry, send an SOS if you need a boat

Brenda
May 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM

Diana, I'll be checking every hour, on the hour today for your trip report. But no pressure, of course!

This morning I've seen the sun for the first time in about 10 days. While it didn't rain nonstop for that time, this is the first non-crepuscular light we've had. I'd better not go blind in my wide-eyed wonderment!

Diana, enjoy every last drop of your elixir. I'm looking forward to a few elixirs of my own in a couple of days, especially one I read about, which is a sangria made from riesling and watermelon. It's hard to imagine an adult beverage that could sound more refreshing! I'm also primed for some excellent mojitos and anything else they want to throw my way in OSJ & Vieques.
May 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM

Hello Everyone ! From very rainy , grey , soggy Montreal !! A sunny report would fit the bill .....
May 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM

I FORGOT u were in Dominica !! I can't wait to hear , it is SO high on my list . Exotic , lush , tropical , wild , off the beaten track , mountainous, .......
May 17th, 2006, 01:23 PM

hi, faithie! long time no see--hope you and your family are all well. you planning any trips these days?
May 17th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Looks like I have no choice ... All want to return to Costa Rica . I'm trying to convince for Panama a few days , then Costa Rica . Either way , it's a win-win situation !! I have been busy , gardening , helping out an ill friend , managing Bellas soccer team , etc. etc. !! Lots to be thankful for .
May 18th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Oh, I so feel for you all. I would be miserable in all of that rain.

I hope things dry out for you soon.

Marion, I am still doing pretty well, but the ankle bracelet came off yesterday.

Brenda, I hope things are better there weather-wise. We've had some crazy storms here. Tornado warnings Sunday - yech.

ej - that Sangria sounds great. Give it a try and if it meets with your approval, we'll be wanting the recipe.

Oh faithie! BOOK Dominica. It is AMAZING. I can't wait to go back.

All, Part 1 is posted!

Search this Thread