DESTINATION ADVICE

Nov 10th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Original Poster

DESTINATION ADVICE

Hi, I am planning a holiday for July 2015 leaving around 30th June/1st July. The maximum time I can be away is 18 days, and the budget is £4500 for 2 adults and a 16 year old child. Travelling from Manchester, UK. Multi Centre is an option. Meals don't matter whether they are included. However we are unstuck where to go?

We are interested in Asia and The Caribbean, and we want somewhere with good diving opportunities. Here are a list of destinationd we are interested in :

Indonesia (Bali), Thailand (Ko Samui), Malaysia (Penang, KL, Borneo), Singapore, Hong Kong, Mexico, Barbados, Caribbean Cruise, Cuba.

Please could you advise whether the destination needs vaccinations and malaria?

Thanks
Nov 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM

I'm not sure I can add anything more than the other posters have already on your other threads, except that Barbados is not a destination with good diving opportunities and as an advanced open water diver, I would never recommend Cuba for diving, as I had the worst possible experience there i.e. it was dangerous. However, that doesn't mean you will have the same experience.

If you want to dive in the Caribbean, consider Grand Cayman, although you will not get that for your budget or Cozumel, Mexico. A Caribbean cruise might be ok except it is hard to coordinate dives with the cruise schedule sometimes. Look into the Bahamas. Again, budget might be an issue, as a 16 year old is not considered a child.

Search this Thread