My husband and I are 29 and looking planning a vacation at some Caribbean island in mid-May. We want a beautiful beach, with access to lots of activities - horseback riding, tennis, snorkeling, etc. We're going for a week and we're thinking of staying at two places - a fancier/all-inclusive place initially, and then a smaller b&b place to experience more of the island. We're not interested in nightlife or shopping. We're looking for something a little more exotic than the popular Bahamas/Jamaica/Aruba trips.
Does anyone with experience traveling in the Caribbean have advice on where we should go or stay??? We really haven't traveled that much to beaches like this so we're kind of flying blind and there's a lot of information.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas