Desert Island Dreaming: Tobago Cays daysail

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're still on the islands, but I pulled together some photos and info about yesterday's daysail to Tobago Cays. We took the Friendship Rose from Bequia. It was a great trip - we swam with turtles and saw stingrays, blue tang, angelfish and lots of other smaller fish. For us, it was well worth the $125 pp.

Happy to answer questions. I have a lot more posts about my two weeks in Grenada, St. Vincent and Bequia to do!

Chris

http://caroundtheworld.com/2009/11/13/tobago-cay/
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Where did you see the stingrays Chris? Where the turtles are? We didn't see any rays when we went.

Btw, we went to Boots tonight for our last meal. MmMMmmM yum! Have a safe flight home! We're heading home tomorrow. I tried to change our flight to Monday but all the flights from Miami to DCA/IAD/BWI were full.
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

We saw both the turtles and the stingrays right in that roped off area near the island. In fact, one stingray almost hit my foot. That's when I got nervous.

I leave for Grenada tomorrow and have one night there before returning back to DC on Sunday. May stick close to LaLuna and try one of the restaurants there. It's been such a fantastic trip - have really loved these islands!
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 04:57 AM

Chris, Great website! I bookmarked it so I can go back and enjoy all of your trip reports and pictures.
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 07:21 AM

You probably won't have enough time from Grenada, but Sandy Cay (off the coast of Curriacou) is a ferry away-cool little "Gilligan's Island).

Tobago Cays are fantastic, aren't they? Gorgeous, no less.

You'll need to go back to see tiny Mopion, a sand bar with an umbrella on top, with views of Union Island in the background, like a mini Bora Bora. Mopion makes me giddy!

Glad you having a good trip, look forward to reading the trip report, I love how you write them!