Sandals vs Superclubs

Old Nov 4th, 1998, 02:43 AM
Ed

Sandals vs Superclubs

Want a comparison of Sandals in Jamaica versus Superclubs.Looking for quiet, peaceful
resort with great beach, good food, and nice beach.

Old Nov 4th, 1998, 05:17 AM
Leslie

I would have to promise that you may not like either ....if you are looking for alot of peace and quiet. Both these resort clubs are known for activity and fun and not alot of quiet. Of course, they do provide spots for privacy and romance and it is not always party, party, party. But...if you are looking for solitude, I don't think these would be your type of resort.
We are just back from Sandals Halcyon (in ST. LUCIA) and got the perfect mix of fun and romantic quiet...and we're extremely pleased with the resort.
Probably the "quietest" of the Sandals in Jamaica is "Sandals INN" with only about 50-60 rooms, but still access the the hustle and bustle of the bigger Sandals resorts.
I can say one advantage of Sandals compared to Super clubs is the stay at one, play at all. We loved that we could hop on a free shuttle and go sample the atmosphere and restaurants of the other Sandals in the area. It was a real bonus in our opinion.
Hope this helps a bit, Leslie.

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 03:42 PM
kim

I HAVE BEEN TO SANS SOUCI LIDO IN OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA. IT WAS WONDERFUL! DURING YOUR STAY YOU GET A MASSAGE, FACIAL, MANICURE, PEDICURE, AND REFLEXOLOGY.

THERE IS A PRIVATE BEACH THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. THEY ALSO HAVE A MINERAL POOL. ALL MEALS AND DRINKS ARE INCLUDED. ALSO INCLUDED IS A TRIP TO DUNN'S RIVER FALLS.

THEY HAVE A CHOICE OF TWO RESTAURANTS, A BEACH BAR, AND A PIANO BAR. THERE IS NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT.

DURING THE DAY YOU CAN EAT AT THE BEACH BAR GRILL THEY HAVE JERK CHICKEN OR HAMBURGERS, COLE SLAW AND FRENCH FRIES OR YOU CAN EAT AT ONE OF THE RESTAURANTS. THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT BUFFETS AND CHOICES OF FOODS.

THEY HAVE MANY ACTIVITIES TO DO WHILE YOU ARE THERE. IT CAN ALSO BE A VERY QUIET, PEACEFUL, RELAXING VACATION.

I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

KIM

Old Nov 18th, 1998, 04:58 PM
Cassie

The biggest difference is that most Sandals are COUPLES only, while most Superclubs are ADULTS only, couples and singles. Now there is a new family Sandals called Beaches, but all the other Sandals are for male/female couples. This may give Sandals a slightly more romantic feel, but not necessarily. Superclubs has tried to stratify their resorts - the Lido resorts, the Breezes resorts and Hedonism. The Lidos are more expensive, more upscale, and may be more likely to meet your definition of quiet and peaceful. Breezes are more active, with a younger crowd. Hedonism is the wild, party place, with emphasis on sexual innuendo, games, and jokes. As to food and room quality, they are fairly similar. In Jamaica, the Sandals Royal Jamaican is probably the most upscale, the Sandals Negril probably is the most casual with the prettiest beach, it sits right next door to Hedonism and has Negril's trademark - the nude beach [as does Hedonism and Grand Lido].

Old Nov 20th, 1998, 05:54 PM
Chris Kiger

See my posting on October 17. I gave a review of SuperClubs Grand Lido. Absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.