Search

Punta Cana

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana

I am looking for the best place to stay in Punta Cana. Family friendly but not cheesy. Coming from Miami, I have heard a lot of negative things regarding certain places in Bavaro. I don't want to be at the pool with my daughters and a bunch of drunk loud mouths. I know they could be anywere but I don't want it to be the norm.

Has anyone stayed recently at the Riu Palace Premier or Bahia Principe?
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Mary..Just returned from Punta Cana in Jan. Stayed at the Gran Paradise Bavaro and had a very nice time. Clean & comfortable. Lots of family oriented things to do there. The waves were a bit rough for younger children, but the pool was fine, especially at the Club side. Food was plentiful & good. Expect more of the drinking & loud mouths later in the day and all around the beachside bar. And you are right, they are always around somewhere!
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:29 AM

Hi, We were at the Occidental Grand in Punta Cana at the end of January, the weather was fine, a little breezy and some rain. The water was rough for children, but there were several pools on the propety that were all good for children. We stayed at the Royal Club on the property; private dining, large, very nicely appointed rooms, there was a small upgrade but very much worth the price, there is a seperate pool and beach for members of this part of the resort. If you want to stay away from the loudness of the resort this would be in your interest to have a look to price a package. Enjoy, we did. By the way, stay on the resort, throughout Punta Cana off the resorts the vendors are very agressive, and the sea food restaurants like Captain Cooks on the beach are to be considered a trap; if you leave the resort you really need to have a grasp on speaking and reading Spanish
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM

I stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana. Very active, the actividad center has all sorts of activities, great for the family
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 06:57 PM

The best hotel in Punta Cana is the Sunscape the Beach which is now a Dreams..This is a family friendly hotel...They have just taken over the Allegro.. and are in the process of making it one of the best. There is no waiting to make reservations, the staff is incredible and I need a vacation...lol
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also look into the Iberostar resorts.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM

I stayed at the Iberostar resort several years ago and LOVED it and would recommend it for those with kids. We never even went in the pool since the sand and ocean were so beautiful.

I don't remember any "bunch of drunks" but it is an AI and you never know what group of people are going to be there the same week that you are.