Notices

Day trip to Anguilla

Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Day trip to Anguilla

If we take the ferry to Anguilla from Saint Martin, can we enjoy a day without a car? Are there taxis or is there enough of interest to walk to nearby, including a good place for lunch. How about a beach? If we need a car, can we rent one at the ferry dock?
Mar 4th, 2011, 03:48 AM

You definitely need a car (or a car with a driver which can be arranged at the dock in Blowing Point when you arrive)The latter is not too expensive for the day, and you will see more, and find the best beach(es) etc. more easily.

I think that you can arrange car rental at departure from the Gare Maritime in Marigot, but I suggest that you check that with the ferry operator the day before you intend to travel.

Don't forget to take your passports, and some CASH for incidentals such as departure taxes etc.
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Take a cab to Shoal Bay East -- lots of choices to eat (Mandeariman's, Ku, Gwen's around the point) and an absolutely stunning beach. Renting a car by the day is expensive and you have to pay for an Anguillian license, as well. There are taxis lined up as you exit the ferry and all you need to do is arrange for your driver to return for you.
Mar 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Hi! I took the ferry twice....there is a wonderful man called Nell....he WILL be on the early ferry - ask the customs guy - he will point you to him....he has a sister who makes the most fabulous tarts on Anguilla.....he will take you to shoal bay east....to a place called Elodias - fabulous location - and then take a walk around the bend to Gwens's - have lunch...get a message - CANNOT GO WRONG...it will be an awesome day for you!!!!

Search this Thread