Reload this Page >

Daysails or Flights from Tortola to Anegada

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:59 AM
Lynn

Hi. Can someone tell me about eiter some daysails or charter flights from Tortola to Anegada? We'll be staying in Tortola for 12 days and want to do at least one day trip to the beautiful beaches of Anegada. Thanks so much!!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:10 AM
Island Girl

My husband and I did the FLY BVI day trip to Anegada and really enjoyed it. It cost us $125 each and included flight, lunch at the Big Bamboo and a tour of the island with Tony of Tony's taxi. You can check out their website at www.flybvi.com

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:15 AM
linda

We opted just to fly over without the package, had Mitch give us a fun tour gratis. We tipped him, tho. I recommend the Big Bamboo as well. I have always been afraid of small planes, but this is the only way to go!Very smooth, incredible views on the return. Plus, the airport is hysterical. We couldn't get off the runway cause the pet goat from Anegada Reef Hotel refused to budge. Pretty awesome place!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Lynn

Thanks for the info...<BR><BR>Linda: What was the cost of the flight without the package? Also how much time were you able to spend on Anegada?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:47 AM
linda

Lynn,<BR> We flew Clair Aero. Be sure to call ahead- 284-495-2271. It costs $56 per person according to their website.(I couldn't find the receipt) Departs Tortola at 8 am and departs Anegada at 5. Sun, M, Wed,and Fri.Makes for a long day in Anegada. We went on Wed, because there was a Carnival ship in port and I knew they'd be everywhere except Anegada! We had the beaches ENTIRELY to ourselves for 3 hours, which made for some dandy photo ops! We "parked" our stuff at the Big Bamboo and Mitch arranged to pick us up in time to do the rest of our tour and get to the plane on time.Take some books, plenty of sunscreen- there's no shade trees on Anegada.You could opt to drive, but the roads are horrible! You can have a taxi driver take you anywhere- the people are so friendly and wonderful there! When you order your lobster at the Big Bamboo you will see them pull it from the traps, then they'll call you when it's ready. AWESOME lobster. Have fun- I'm jealous! Go see my trip report on traveltalkonline, too.http://www.traveltalkonline.com/wwwt...sts&Main=39406