Notices

Curacao info needed!!!

Aug 7th, 1997, 02:21 PM
Nancy

Curacao info needed!!!

Please let us know of any information regarding Curacao. We are traveling with children ages 10 & 12. Info on safety, health issues, where to eat, where to shop, what to see, etc.
We are staying in a condo near Westpunt. Kadushi
Cliffs Resort is the name. Anyone have any info?
Thank you in advance. Nancy

Aug 8th, 1997, 06:11 AM
Nan

I was in Curaco about 4 years ago. I thought Kadushi Cliffs was beautiful, but it is rather remote. You will need to rent a car - at least for a few days - to get around and see the island. Caribbean Travel & Life had a feature article on Curaco a couple of months back that you should definitely read. We found the local people not to be very friendly to Americans. Actually, we were the only English speaking people in our hotel. I'll pull out my notes and send you more information next week.

Aug 8th, 1997, 01:50 PM
Mary

Planning on Curacao next spring. Any info. on snorkling and Sonesta hotel would be appreciated. Have Fodor's guide and the Curacao home page but was looking for "personal experiences". Thanks!

Aug 11th, 1997, 05:33 PM
Nicole

I thought the diving in Curacao was fantastic. If you do not dive but wish to snorkel, I recommend Underwater Curacao. Unfortunately I thought most of the natives were unfriendly toward Americans.
As far as hotels go, the Sonesta is the only one I recommend staying at. People that were on our dive boat, from a different hotel, had problems getting ice, towels etc..
The shopping was fair. There were only a couple of stores that sold high quality merchandise. You have to go through some junky stores before finding some bargains.
The food is pretty expensive. We ended up going to a local supermarket to purchase snacks, drinks, etc..
If you decide to go to a market, do not go to one in town. The prices are a lot higher and the selection is limited.
One last piece of advice. If you use a hotel shuttle to go into town, make sure you watch when the bridge is opened. When going into town, you have to cross a floating bridge. If you miss the shuttle, getting back to the Sonesta is about 10.00 US
Thank-you for putting up with my long winded account. I hope the information helps!!

Search this Thread