Search

Anguilla

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anguilla

My partner and I wish to go to Antigua and Anguilla for our honeymoon (1 week or 10 days in each). We have sorted out accommodations for Antigua but need some advice in relation to Anguilla. We REALLY (!) wanted to stay in Cap Juluca, but we would really be stretching ourselves financially to do this, so we decided to maybe try for somewhere cheaper on the island. We love good food, and a beachfront room is a must. Any ideas??<BR><BR>Mant thanks<BR><BR>Angela
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:41 AM

There are some very nice fairly inexpensive places to stay on Anguilla. It would help to know when you plan to honeymoon and about how much you have budgeted for lodging so you get a better answer. If you haven't done so you might look into Caribbean Star to fly between the islands. Their web site is www.flycaribbeanstar.com. We have been to Anguilla over a dozen times and are fairly familiar with the island. Feel free to e-mail me [email protected] for info on other good anguilla web sites, lodging, restaurants etc.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:50 AM

Angela: Check out the Carimar Beach Club on Meads Bay. We stayed there and loved it. All units have full kitchens, so we saved some money by preparing our own breakfasts and lunches. Had dinner in a couple of times as well. Anyway, the units are beautifully appointed, very comfortable and the place is small. The beach it is on, Meads Bay, is huge and relatively undeveloped. Good luck with your planning.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 12:56 PM

We also stay on Meads Bay and have seen Carimar. It is a very nice property but I wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon. <BR>Don't know when you're honeymooning but if it is late spring summer or fall Carimar doesn't have central A/C. You can rent a portable unit for the bedroom. Sometimes ceiling fans just don't hack it. Also Carimar does not have a pool or restaurant.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:59 AM

The Sonesta hotel is quite nice and not much more expensive than the Carimar, although the Carimar is within a shorter distance to some great restaurants and the beach is gorgeous. Remember no a/c at Carimar! Sonesta's rooms are not all oceanfront you have to request it...but we got upgraded to an awesome oceanfront suite since we were getting married there...depends on when you are going and how busy they are... they have two restaurants, a lounge and a nice pool, staff is terrific.. the beach is quite long and private, has lounges, umbrellas and cocktails served if you wish... we loved it there.. you can visit the beaches at any hotel on the island... They are all public.. have a great time!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:06 AM

The Sonesta is closed, a new hotel and golf course will take its place.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 12:22 PM

I would consider Frangipani on Meads Bay Beach. (www.frangipani.ai). The Sun Sea and Sand Package is the best deal. Again feel free to e-mail me for more info.