Romantic Barbados vacation

Old Dec 5th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic Barbados vacation

Hello fodies,
I’m booking a trip to Barbados in June as a surprise for my wife’s 40th bday. We’ll be staying at the crane resort( love the ambiance). Have never been to Barbados but would like some info on good beaches we can check out and more importantly good restaurants (we are foodies and love local cuisine).
Also just some excursions we might want to experience. We’ll be renting a car and have no problem driving. We love the Virgin Islands both us and British so if anyone has comparisons to food, beaches, culture etc I’d love to hear from you. We definitely want to chill some days , explore others and like some moderate night life.
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Crane has a beautiful beach, great for walks, it's a little rough for swimming. The best swimming beaches are on the west coast St James/St Peter eg Mullins Beach, Sandy Lane beach, Paynes Beach. On the east coast, you can't swim but the scenery is lovely, very windswept and well worth a day trip to drive down that coastline.

Staying at the Crane, renting a car is recommended in order to get around. Daphnes, Tides and of course the Cliff are famous upscale restaurants. The restaurant at Cobblers Cove is also very good. There is also a lot of streetfood, eg the fish fry at Oistins. The Crane has a Sunday Gospel buffet breakfast too.