Notices

Cuba People to People Tours

Aug 12th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Cuba People to People Tours

I am trying to plan a trip to Cuba in January and have looked at several People to People Tour Groups. By far the best (cheapest, small group size and most interesting description of the itinerary) is "In Touch with Cuba". On the WikiTravel.org site, it says this group uses the same hotels and travel companies for buses and guides as the more expensive tour groups. Does anyone know if all this is true? If you used this Tour Group, does the size really max at 15 and are the hotels 4 - 5 star hotels? Any other insights to "In Touch with Cuba" will really be helpful.
Aug 12th, 2014, 03:24 PM

If you are going to Cuba from the US, make sure that they are licensed by the U.S. Treasury Dept as a People to People operator.
Aug 14th, 2014, 10:56 AM

I have not yet been to Cuba but have been investigating tours and what is included.

I recommend not going with a tour because of the price but for the itinerary and length of visit.

In Touch claims that their tours are "all inclusive" but they're not. Already you're starting with false advertising. With this tour company you have to pay for your Visa, 3 dinners, and all soft drinks (including water) at meals.

Have you factored these expenses into your tour cost?

Do you need a single supplement? How much is it?

Last year I posted a thread about traveling to Cuba. I was considering going with Road Scholar for 2 week trip but was appalled at the price. I had recommendations on that thread for Colors of Cuba which people said was cheaper. When I looked at all expenses I found that the Colors of Cuba tour was $128 per day more than the tour I wanted. What I'm trying to tell you is that what appears to be the cheapest tour is not necessarily the cheapest.

Have you compared the cost with other tours of equal length?

I doubt the hotels will be 4-5 stars as their web site states "first-class accommodations" or "room in private houses." Even if the hotel is 4-5 stars it will be Cuban 4 stars; not US 4 stars.

Most tours to Cuba are small group tours that max at 20 people so they probably only have 15 people on their tours.

Search this Thread