Notices

Cuba Advice Needed

Nov 14th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Cuba Advice Needed

Looking to go to Cuba last week Feb 2005/ 1st week in March (to avoid spring breakers etc). My partner and I are both early/mid 30's. Going to book the Hotel Playa Pesquero. Chose this (so far) over the Melia's in Cayo Coco/Guillermo.

Wanted to know if this was a good decision on hotel and location?

Also whats the weather like late Feb/Early March?

Also a bit worried about mossies as Cuba seems to be quite swampy near the beaches. Are they a problem?

I will be traveling from London England and looking forward to meeting and making some Canadian friends, as it seems a popular destination with them. Any advice on the above would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:16 AM

Hi, we are booked at the Playa Pesquero Guardalavaca (as well as other places in Cuba) for xmas so we can tell you about it when we get back on 10th Jan. You can e mail me if you like as I may not remember! [email protected]
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:27 PM

We booked Paradisus Rio de Oro last year and when we got off the plane were sent to Play Pesquero. Hated it. It's physically beautiful, nice rooms, etc., but it's too large. Crowded beach and pool, had to have a towel on chairs by 7 AM, etc. And the food was terrible. We got a free week this year at Paradisus however, supposedly one of the best resorts in Cuba.

Search this Thread