Cruise Bermuda in Aug---hurricane season???

Jun 3rd, 2000, 06:18 PM
Kristin

Cruise Bermuda in Aug---hurricane season???

We've never been to Bermuda, and feel that probably the only way we can afford it is to cruise there--we found a good deal for August. Can anyone comment on the weather at that time of year??? The price may be right, but we don't want to deal with hurricanes!! Thanks.

Jun 4th, 2000, 02:27 AM
Bill

You are in the hurricane season and you take your chances. However the ships know where they are and will change course to get out of there way. It's a different situation if you are already in Bermuda. You have a better chance of NOT seeing a hurricane than you do. Go and have fun.

Jun 4th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Parrot Mom

If I had worried about hurricanes I would never of gotten to Bermuda 7 times...and planning this year too in September. Definetely the cruise is the least expensive way to go... for more info and pictures. If you have a problem in being seasick (as I usually have) there is an over the counter medication available in Bermuda that is magic.. and I also take as a precaution ginger tablets available at the pharmacy or health food store.....write me at [email protected]

Jun 5th, 2000, 11:20 AM
Karen

My husband and I went to Bermuda in August 95 and got stuck in a hurricane(Felix).There is not enough room to write about our experience but we did not cruise down so we ended up sleeping on the ballroom floor for a night with all the other hotel guests. The cruises that were supposed to be down there during that time, changed their course so if I was you, I would go for it. We are headed back to Bermuda in 2 weeks, hopefully we'll get better weather especiall since I am now 5 months pregnant. Have Fun...it's beautiful!

Search this Thread