Cribs and Babysitting in Turks & Caicos

Dec 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Cribs and Babysitting in Turks & Caicos

I think DH and I have decided that we will be visitin T & C next year with our 3 year old. We're thinking strongly of staying at the Regent Palms. We'd like to be able to go out to dinner at night. Does anyone know if the hotels have sitters on premises who are hotel employees? I'm a little nervous about leaving DD with a sitter, so I wanted to get a feel for what it's like there? also, do the better hotels (Regent palms specifically) usually have real cribs- or do they just have port a cribs? The reservationist said her paperwork just said "cribs." DD is 3 and a porta crib would be a bit small for her. TIA!
Dec 8th, 2008, 04:47 AM

i would contact rp again to ask about the crib at: [email protected]

the web site says they have baby sitters available with 24 hrs. notice.
i have no direct experience with this but i can tell you the the "belongers" love and respect children very much and i think your daughter will be quite safe.

anacoana at the grace bay club is a very romatic, beautiful restaurant with good food. it's pricey and sometimes ppl complain about slower service - i think it's worth it anyway. at least go have a cocktail at their infinity bar.
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:39 PM

We have dined at Anacoana for the past 5 years and on each visit the service has gotten worse (not because it's slow, this we are not bothered by, but rudeness for a hotel that claims to be a hotel teaching school (according to their website) is not a restaurant we will visit again. We will always give a restaurant another chance if we have had a bad experience, sometimes the restaurant may have an off night, but after having the same bad experience every time we go, we won't give it another try. The atmosphere is great, but not the for the price you have to pay because of the poor service. The service at O'Soleil, Parallel 23, Coco Bistro, La Pergola, Mango Reef, Grace Cottage is excellent. Please consider one of these restaurants before going to Anacoana.

Search this Thread