Search

Cozumel Info Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 04:22 PM
Carla

Cozumel Info Anyone?

Hi! I'm thinking about Cozumel for a March vacation with my boyfriend. We're both active - but not divers. We love the water and like to swim, snorkel, and kayak. Also like to sightsee. Does anyone have recommendations on nice places to stay with a great beach i.e. calm, crystal clear water and soft sand - ample room, not lounge chair to lounge chair. Also, how long does a ferry to Cancun take if we wanted to check out some of the Mayan ruins? <BR> <BR>Thank you very much!! <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 06:13 AM
Cheri

We're goin next month. Here are the sites I got most of my info from: <BR> <BR>www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/cgi-local/index.cgi <BR> <BR>www.viva-cozumel.com/viva/Ingles/bboard/post_it. <BR>htm <BR> <BR>The first site has a bb but it is very clique-ish. Most of the posts are made by a few people who have definite opinions on the resorts.They all seem like they know each other. There is a lot of info on excursions, snorkel trips, car rentals, accomodations. Good luck.

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 07:50 AM
janice

We stayed in Cancun and spent a day in Cozumel. I would stay in either place. We enjoyed it. You don't take a ferry to Cancun. You take the ferry to Playa Del Carmen and then a bus to Cancun. Plan on 2 hrs to get there. It might be less if you go early and the schedule works ok. If you go spend a full day so that you feel it was worth while. I got a lot of info from the following sites: www.cozumelonline.com; www.cozumel.net; www.cancunandrivieramaya.com; and others. Do a search and you'll find lots of sites with info. Go! you'll have a great time!

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Ariel

We stayed at the Allegro Resort in Cozumel last Christmas and loved it. The food was great, staff very nice, resort was clean and attractive. The beach is great - and a fair bit of space. The water was great, really clean & beautiful. We had our 7 mon old with us - so we noticed all the families, but there was a disco. Lots of water activities available. <BR> <BR>Cozumel itself is very nice. We rented a car and drove around the island one day. Nice ecological park at the bottom tip - very interesting. The main town has more nightlife than our resort did. <BR> <BR>We went snorkling one afternoon ($55U.S. pp) and really enjoyed it. <BR> <BR>Lastly, they offered trips to the mainland - looked like you could do the trip in a day. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 09:05 AM
lili

i was in cozumel in august, and there aren't really any GREAT beaches on the hotel side of the island, but that's why the snorkelling is quite good ... there's a ferry to the mainland-Playa del Carmen, varies from $3-6 each way (depending on how much they feel like ripping you of..i mean charging you) - the beaches on the mayan riviera are much nicer and more of a party crowd - the best way to see the pyramids is just to rent a car for a couple of days and see them at your leisure (we went to tulum and coba) <BR>in cozumel we stayed at the fiesta americana where they included the plastic cayaks/snorkel equiptment with your stay- the beach set up was nice with lounge chairs and steps into the water- bring water shoes for cozumel if ya don't like walking on rocks <BR>the all inclusive resorts have built nice beaches for themselves ... i can go on and on but look at some web pictures of resorts and stuff before ya decide <BR>oh- march is high spring break time, so cancun should be packed (i did that 7 years ago, had a BLAST)... it does make all the difference to have a hotel right on the beach side!

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Alexandra

Carla, try re-posting on the Latin American site. You may get a more complete response to your question.