Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Couples-only, all-inclusive honeymoon destination in the Caribbean (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/couples-only-all-inclusive-honeymoon-destination-in-the-caribbean-1034354/)

kimberly_hopkins_184 Jan 13th, 2015 02:08 PM

Couples-only, all-inclusive honeymoon destination in the Caribbean

My fiance and I are looking for a honeymoon destination in the Caribbean. We want it to be couples-only, no kids. On the beach. All-inclusive. Not in Mexico or the Dominican Republic (Neither of us care to visit Mexico, unless it is significantly cheaper, and I have already been to the Dominican.) Looking to spend max of $3,000-$3,5000. I'm so overwhelmed with destinations and resorts that I cannot make a decision, and my fiance is not picky which makes this harder! Any reviews of places or recommendations are welcome! Please and thank you!

Caribzack Jan 14th, 2015 03:01 AM

What time of year? That makes a difference in the rates.

blamona Jan 14th, 2015 04:15 AM

For your price you're looking at Mexico and DR--these are the 2 destinations that cater to AIs, including couples for your budget.

Does your $3500 max include air? and for 2?

Maybe 1 in Jamaica, but might have to stretch your budget

(and this is May thru Nov, forget it Dec -April with that budget)

DG5111003 Jan 14th, 2015 06:24 AM

The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica is absolutely AMAZING....I actually forget the total amount that we paid (even though we went last May) but I believe it was higher than your budget. But I don't know how long you're planning on going for (we went for 10 days) so play around with dates...it's luxurious and we had the most perfect honeymoon we could ever dream of! Does your budget include air? We did book a package air/hotel through Expedia. Worked out fine. Maybe you could save by doing this. If you are serious about going there and want more info, I'm happy to share. We had a beautiful, wonderful time!

tch912 Jan 14th, 2015 06:31 AM

RIU Palace in Montego Bay is all adult and depending on the time of year can fit your budget.

KVR Jan 14th, 2015 07:53 AM

"Neither of us care to visit Mexico, unless it is significantly cheaper" Yes, Mexico will be much less expensive and you will definitely get way more for your money in an AI there.

The main destinations for AI's are Mexico, DR and Jamaica. There are other Caribbean Islands that have AI resorts or versions thereof, but not for the budget that you listed. If you don't want Mexico and have been to the DR, then look at Jamaica. I don't think you can get an Iberostar or a Secrets with that budget. Look at the Jewell resorts and maybe Couples if you pick a low category room.

I do not recommend the RIU chain. It's a low budget AI in which you get what you pay for. Definitely not for a honeymoon.

And, price will be a factor on where you are departing from and what time of year you are going.

WWK Jan 14th, 2015 11:01 AM

$3500 is a very tight budget from now until at least end of April. If you can add another $500 to your budget, you will expand your options, although Mexico is still the best bet. We really love LIVE AQUA in Cancun. Take a peek at their website. It has excellent food for an AI, adults-only, seven pools, health club, right on a quiet section of beach. MEXICANA offers g00d deals.

suze Jan 14th, 2015 03:15 PM

<Neither of us care to visit Mexico, unless it is significantly cheaper>

Well it is. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" in Mexico than you do in the Caribbean.