Search

Cottage/villa in Nevis

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cottage/villa in Nevis

Hi,
I'm looking for a 1 bedroom cottage or villa in Nevis in which to spend 2 weeks on honeymoon in mid June...any recommendations??
We don't really want to spend much more than US$1000 a week...(young marrieds on a budget!)
I've been looking at quite a lot of places online and just can't make my mind up, so any personal recommendations would be great!
Have particularly been looking at the 1 bedroom cottages at Hurricane Cove Bungalows which look great, and at the cottage at black sand cove.
Thanks!!
Anna
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 05:40 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

A website you might enjoy is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Some villas you might enjoy are:

Yellowbird - www.yellowbirdnevis.co.uk/index.htm
(Member Viceroy has stayed there)

Moonhill - www.villacaribbean.com I saw this property in April. It is located in Gingerland. Has a private pool and full time cook. Only $975 USD per week.

Nevis Cottage - www.neviscottage.com
Modest, but comfortable accommodations.

Black Sand Cove www.blacksandcove.com - Member Mark (aka Santa) recently stayed there. You can read his review and see pictures at www.myislands.myeyez.net

Hurricane Cove - www.hurricanecove.com
Had honeymooners stay there last year and they enjoyed it. (Very private, owner Kathryn is very hospitable)
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:56 AM

Go to www.nevis1.com and click on the "Villa" link. You'll find a listing with full descriptions and web-site links to just about every rental property on Nevis.

Hurricane Cove Bungalows will, however, suit your needs very well. Also check out Firefly cottages and Lambsdown are also very nice and conveniently located. Clacksand cottage is nice but it is located on the southern part of the island which is very secluded and far from just about everything.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Oops! Pardon the spelling - that should be Blacksand Cottage is secluded and far from just about everything.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 07:55 AM

Greetings, Anna...congratulations on forthcoming nuptials. A couple of things to consider if you're on a tight budget should include the cost of a rental car for at least part of the time...you can't really shop for groceries, explore and "participate" without one! Well, okay, I guess you can but a car is really handy. If you choose a "secluded" location...it really will be that even on small island; so, if you want even a little bit of social life, stay near the main road. I can heartly recommend Yellow Bird and its location. E-M me if you want an extensive trip report from our one month stay, last Nov-Dec. Cheers, Richard.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 08:56 AM

Anna - I have helped several fodorites find villas. I have seen most of them. I can email you if you would like.

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM

We stayed at Yellow Bird too, anna. It is very romantic, I highly recommend it. We could see Hurricane Cove Bungalows, and they are in a dramatic location. Either one would fit your budget - pool (YB) or cliffside (HC) = your choice!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the advice.
We are definitely including car rental in our budget by the way - thanks though!
Yellow Bird looks great but unfortunately in June its $1650 a week - too much!
We've thought about moonhill...has anyone stayed there? i think i read a review saying it was a little run down - also their website says that the nearest beach is 10mins drive away - a bit further than we'd ideally like. It is a good price though.
Black sand...it does look gorgeous, and a private outdoor hot tub would be great! - but maybe too isolated?? not sure...
Firefly cottages look ok - a bit small maybe?? has anyone stayed there?
Hurricane Cove Bungalows might be my favourite at the moment..
thanks again and keep any tips coming!
Anna
ps MIM04 you can email me at [email protected] - thanks!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 05:51 AM

anna, try emailing the owner(s) of the villas, and tell them your budget and dates - perhaps they will work with you...that worked for me. Two weeks can sometimes bring a discount.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:47 AM

I am very familiar with Moon Hill Villa and it's wonderful.

It's got everthing. Beautiful gardens, gazebo poolside wet bar, and one of the most unique pools on the island. You will have great views of the ocean and it's near all of the best plantation inn restaurants. The full time cook is great and it has a sunken bathtub that overlooks the garden.

It is set on 2 lush acres and it's clean and very comfortable.

I saw it in April and sent many satisfied clients.

Old Nov 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I think we've narrowed it down hurricane cove and the firefly cottages (we decided we wanted to be closer to the beach than Moon Hill is).
In favour of hurrican cove is that i think the apartments are a bit bigger and have more clearly defined and separated living areas, plus access to a communal pool even with the cheapest villas, but firefly has aircon and is $200 a week cheaper...so we're just thinking about that.
If anyone has anything further to add, always glad to hear it!
Anna
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 11:47 AM

Anna:
If you're going in June, I would suggest you have air conditioning wherever you decide. We stayed at Nisbet Plantation in July, which although is certainly hotter than June, but even though it was on the North side of the island with lots of ocean breeze, withoug AC it would have been uncomfortable, especially at night. So, if you're staying at an elevation low enough to be near the beach, you might really appreciate air conditioning. Others might disagree, and I'm from Florida and am used to AC, but it's not worth being uncomfortable. Ocean breezes or not, there is still humidity in the Caribbean.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 01:36 PM

I would definitely recommend having AC!