Reload this Page >

Costs of an 8 day Carribbean vacation.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:40 AM
suzy

I am planning my vacation and it seems that hotel & airfare prices are very high. My husband and I want to stay at an upscale resort. We've stayed at the Four Seasons Big Island and I don't think the prices at that resort were as high as the Carribbean resorts. <BR><BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 12:47 PM
Kate

I have been going to the caribbean for years and stay at nice but not luxury hotels/villas and have never spent less than $5000-6000 for 7 nts including air, hotel, food, drinks etc.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:11 PM
AA

What island do you have in mind ?<BR>The $5,000 or $6,000 sounds astronomical to me !

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:38 PM
suzanne

I agree. I have stayed in wonderful suites with plunge pools for about 6K and that included expensive dinners, many drinks and sunset cruises. I'm confused?

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:11 PM
suzy

Right now we are looking at TCI. The package includes hotel transfers, breakfast everyday, 1 dinner, 1 lunch, spa treatments & a private snorkeling cruise. It looks like it's going to be $5,000-$6,000 and I am getting nervous. But we only take two big trips a year and my husband's motto is work hard, play hard....

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:42 AM
denette

Suzy,<BR>My husband and I are going to TCI later April/first of May. We are going to stay in 1 bdrm suite at Coral Gardens in the newer bldg(opened 2000) and airfare for approx. $2300.00. We are avid snorklers,we love to fish, so we are going to throw in a couple of day trips in and figure a total cost of trip to run us about $4000.00. I think you can go to TCI a lot less than what you are budgeting. We also like to eat wonderful meals, good wines, great tropical drinks and boat rentals all included should run you a lot less than what you are thinking.