Coral Gardens or Ocean Club West

Feb 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Coral Gardens or Ocean Club West

Can anyone compare beachfront units at Coral Gardens and Ocean Club West? The units at Coral Gardens sound as if they are much larger....but that could be deceiving when the square footage includes the balcony. I am also wondering if the waterfalls that "cascade" down the buildings are a constant source of white noise. OCW sounds like a more full service resort on a quieter beach....It is really coming down to whether or not the Penthouse unit at Coral Gardens is really much larger and nicer, with a better view. Thanks for your valuable input! If only all of life's decisions were of this nature!!
Feb 9th, 2003, 05:33 PM
CF

We stayed in the OF unit at Coral Gardens and it is like a house! This is the original building, not the new ones. I've not seen the new ones.

To tell you the truth I never paid much attention to the waterfalls. I would go back there in a heartbeat. You have the best snorkeling spot on the island right outside your door.
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you CF! By the way, which floor was your unit on? It look like some of the OF units overlook the pool too....I guess that also means one overlooks the people in the pool! Again, thanks!
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:20 AM

Have stayed at Coral Gardens 8 times both is a luxury grand and luxury suite. If you are talking PH I assume you are looking at a luxury grand. There are 4 penthouse suites two behind the pool and two to the left of the pool. You probably would want 1312 or 1302. 1312 is preferable but it is the developers suite so isn't always available. Our favorite is 1212 which is on the second floor. The luxury grand suites are 1800 sq.ft. and large. Really nice. The luxury suites are 1000 sq ft. We also stay in 4205 on the second floor Actually Coral gardens is more of a full service resort then OCWest. They have an on site water sports facility Cactus Voyager, a spa Serenity, a beachfront bar/restaurant, Ripples and a great dinner restaurant Coyaba. OCWest is buily in a U so some of the suites are back on the property. They have a pool bar/restaurant but as far as I know don't have a dinner restaurant yet. For dinner they will provide transportation to the Ocean Club Restaurant Gecko. The poo is nicer at OCWest. If you are into snorkeling Coral Gardens is the best place to stay. Nce reef off the beach but it also attracts people who come to snorkel but the beach really is never crowded. I snorkel twice a day. In fact to the left of Coral Gardesn there is about 2 miles of beach virtually deserted with only one small resort on it. . The "Waterfall" is really just a thin sheet of water that is very quiet. It empties into sort of a canal that runs in front of the patios on the first floor. A lot of the time it is off. Actually it really comes down to what you can afford. I have a great aerial photo of Croal Gardesn with a layout description which I will send you if you e-mail me ([email protected]). Be happy to answer any other questions
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:29 AM

P.S.--Sorry about the typos. One other comment. The patios and balconies at OCWest are screend in which some people like. I prefer the openness of the Coral Gardens balconies. Better views. In the luxury grand the balcony wraps around to the bedroom entrance so you can leave the screen door open at night and hear the ocean
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:07 PM
CF

We stayed on the ground floor. I agree about the openess. You can open all the sliders and feel like you're outside. Awwwww...I wanna go back.