I'm looking for some "authentic" slow island or colonian experience with nice white beaches, maybe some small hiking for some 8-10 day trip in the end November. Two adults and a 5year old kid would be going from MIA/FLL/MCO or SJU.
First time in Caribbean so would be glad to get some local experience - would like to stay away from lots of cruise ships per day and big AI hotels unless it's really necessary. Would be an advantage to visit few islands though it's not must as well. Don't pay too much attention to the kid - he's been to 20+ countries already and knows what to expect while traveling though it would be advantage if traveling around islands would be not too difficult.
St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten and, of course, Puerto Rico are easiest one to reach from MIA/FLO but some of mentioned places, according to reviews, are "ruined" by tourists.
Please let me know where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800:570:1233 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 4 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 5 Christmas vacation
- 6 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 NYE in Punta Cana
- 9 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 10 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 13 Abaco day trips
- 14 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 15 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 16 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 17 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 18 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 19 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 20 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 21 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 22 sailing the Abacos
- 23 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 24 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 25 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia