Condo Rental: Beacon Hill Towers - between Simpson Bay and Burgeaux Bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anybody rent this condo "Beacon Hill Towers" located between Simpson Bay and Burgeaux Bay? I need to get some information about this place before renting. If anybody knows or has already rented.... please send me whatever information you have and I'll be thankful for that.
Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 04:46 AM

Hello EdsonRabelo2 -
Regarding the Beacon Hill property - yes. Over the past ten or so years I have had the privilege of sharing my brother's time-share on Maho Beach with him for one week in the summer. A couple of years ago in July I was in search of a decent place to stay near Maho. My brother and his wife were staying at the time-share at the Royal Islander on Maho Beach and many of our family wished to be nearby so several of us rented the property in question. We found the accommodations at the Beacon Hill address to be very relaxing and convenient to anything we wished to enjoy and explore. Last year in May I was tired of our long winter here in Colorado so I contacted the owner of the Beacon Hill property and rented his condo/villa for two weeks. As one who enjoys St. Maarten/St. Martin, I decided to make the trip solo and had a most wonderful stay. If you choose to rent the Beacon Hill property I think you will find it quite different than staying at one of the many hotels or time-shares on the island. Beacon Hill is a quiet neighborhood of island locals and visitors who generally stay on the island longer than a few nights. If you wish to experience an honest representation of living on St. Maarten rather than the hustle of the tourist crowd Beacon Hill is just the place. The accommodations are pleasant, clean and more like being at home than what you would experience in a hotel/time-share. My two-week stay last spring I did not even bother renting a car. A lazy walk from the airport to the market in Maho before proceeding to the "villa" flooded my senses with the island and helped me wind-down from my long flights. Arriving at "my villa" and enjoying a brew I began what is still one of my most memorable vacations of all time. If you like to walk you will find just about anything you want or need a short distance from your villa -- anywhere from 5-to-15 minutes away. Simson Beach (about 5 minutes away) is practically devoid of people but is one of the best-kept secrets of the island. It is a long, sweeping beach that is a turtle reserve so little development has occurred there but the swimming and relaxing cannot be beat. A beach bar is located a little bit up the beach for those wishing refreshment. Burgeaux Bay (about 4 minutes away) is a nice area but not as good for swimming because of its rocky shore. Many do swim there, however, but good close-toed sandals or water shoes are a good idea. Maho Beach (about 10 minutes away) is famous for its proximity to the end of Juliana Airport. Many flock to the beach and the Sunset Beach Bar to enjoy watching aircraft arrive and depart. Fortunately, at Beacon Hill you do not hear the scream and roar of the large jets that everyone at Maho endures during their visits. Sunset Beach Bar (about 8-10 minutes from the villa) serves wonderful meals and sandwiches along with a large selection of cooling beverages. The market (10 minutes or so from the villa) at Maho has a good variety of groceries and if you wish to use your fully-equipped kitchen you can prepare very good meals. The "strip" at Maho (10 minutes or so from the villa) has usual tourist shops but very fine restaurants as well. In addition, a pharmacy is nearby on "the strip" if you need anything you would find at your local drug store. If you proceed past Maho you will find one of the best swimming beaches on the island at Mullet Bay (this is a bit of a walk - but really not too far if you have settled into the casual lifestyle). If golf is "your thing" the Mullet Bay Golf Club is nearby. From what I understand, the clubhouse has everything you need if you do not wish to travel with cumbersome clubs and such. If you like to jog or run, avoid the usual loops around the roads. Instead, find the backroads along the golf course -- you will not be disappointed. I could go on for days. Yes -- the Beacon Hill villa is very nice. It is not "fancy" as some of the more expensive gated properties, but you will find it "home" and safe and great place to live while enjoying your island visit. If you do choose to rent a car you will find adequate parking at your villa right in front of your place and will expand your exploration capabilities tremendously. Keep in mind, however, local "bus" service is quite dependable and very inexpensive. Any way you have it, I believe if you are one who enjoys a relaxed and genuine visit to St. Maarten/St. Martin, staying at Beacon Hill will be something you fondly remember for years to come. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
Enjoy -
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your tips djSwiffer! Wow... nice description of the place. That's really very nice.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 04:40 AM

HI,
we want to rent Beacon Hill Towers on May 2012. We are 8 people ( 3 families - group of friends ). I´d like to know, if we can stay in Beacon Hill Towers all - one flat. Is there privacy for all people? ( two stories flat? ).
Can anybody help?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM

Stayed in the four bedroom Beacon Hill towers condo with 9 other people (10 total). We fit relatively comfortably, although one person did usually end up sleeping on a blow up mattress or a couch each night we were there. Bathroom usage was never a problem, and neither was personal space. We were all very comfortable for the entirety of our stay.

Everything in the condo worked very well, especially all the kitchen appliances. There is a TV with an interesting selection of movies if you want to spend time on that. The kitchen was great - well stocked for pretty much anything you want to prepare food wise. Never had a problem with air conditioning either. The only two functionality downsides are that the place is not the most well lit in the world, especially the main common area, but it wasn't at all like living in a cave, just a little dim. The internet also unfortunately did not work for the whole week while we were visiting. However, we were expecting the place to not be as nice as it was just based on the pictures posted online of it. They are a little misleading, the property is actually much nicer than it appears in them.

In terms of location, Beacon Hill Towers is pretty hard to beat. First of all the neighborhood is very nice. Really close to the airport, and in a safe location. We were a little worried about noise from airplanes, but this turned out not to be a problem at all, as you can barely hear them from the property. You are within a 2 minute walk from beautiful Simpson Bay, which isn't the best beach for swimming, but has amazing scenery and makes for a great beach walk. If you are looking for a good night out, you are a five minute walk from one of the Island's best night clubs (Bliss), which is right next to the famous Maho Beach bar (where you can watch planes land right above you). The property is also a 10 minute walk from Maho, which has multiple bars, restaurants, and a grocery store. Our favorite beach to visit, Mullet Bay, is only a 15 minute walk from the property. Basically, there is everything you could ever want in a great vacation within walking distance of Beacon Hill Tower.

Finally, the owner of the property who we contacted to rent the place is very friendly and helpful. He helped us get a great deal on the place, and is very customer oriented and professional. The maid is also very helpful in terms of letting you know where to go and what to do on the island. She helped us get a great deal at a little known car rental place (also within walking distance), which really helped us to see more of the island.

All in all, Beacon Hill Towers provides you with everything you need to have a fantastic vacation all in one spot. I am usually the type of person who likes to get out of the rental for the day and explore, but there was so much going on in the area we were staying in that we didn't really even have to put that much effort into travelling around. Great price, excellent service on behalf of the owner, a comfortable place to stay after a long day at the beach, and even friendly neighbors add up to make this a five star vacation rental for any large group of vacationers.