Comparison b/t Couples Negril & Sans Souci

Jan 28th, 2004, 01:01 PM
ycm
Original Poster

Comparison b/t Couples Negril & Sans Souci

I had originally narrowed my vacation resort choice to Swept Away -- but it turns out that the room category we would like is not available!. Has anyone been to both of the above resorts, or can anyone give me a comparative opinion?

Thanks in advance! YCM
Feb 2nd, 2004, 09:04 AM

We've been to both and they have their pros and cons: The beach at Couples in Negril is breathtaking: Clear, water and sand. Great! But the service is no where as nice as Sans Souci. The spa at Sans Souci is fantastic, and the general ambiance at Sans Souci is more upscale. Couples caters more to middle America, while Sans Souci is quiet and more European.

Good luck.
Feb 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM

I am headed to Sans Souci at the end of Feb. If you would please share any tips. I had noticed that one restaurant requires a jacket for men. Do you know if that is strictly enforced?
Feb 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM

I just returned from Sans Souci today. The restaurant which requires a jacket for inside dining is Casanova. They also have outdoor dining available for that restaurant, and NO JACKET is okay. Just wear nice pants and dress shirt.
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Thanks for your response. I probably wont travel w/ the jacket, but you never know. How do you rate the cusine? There was a skeptical post in another comparison.
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM

To be honest with you, the food at Casanova was the best of the three dinner restaurants at SAns Souci. The food is mediocre overall, but Casanova is very good.

Search this Thread