Compare family oriented AI Resorts

Feb 10th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Compare family oriented AI Resorts

Hi,
We are trying to compare and decide between Breezes Curacao, one of the RIU resorts in DR (I believe there are 4 in Punta Cana ..any recommendations), RIU in Negril and Beeches in T&C. It seems that Beeches in T&C is very expensive and that similar value can be found in some of the other resorts listed above.

We are a family of four 2 adults and 2 kids 3 & 6 yrs planning a trip for this summer (june/july). Any help in terms of comparison will be a big help.
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:37 PM

Have you thought about the Club Med in Punta Cana? I have heard excellent reviews on the kids club there. You can check out their website at www.clubmed.com. I do believe the prices are pretty reasonable as well.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:45 AM

Bonjour,
we're a french family with kids the same age as yours and spent a week in Club Med Punta Cana a couple of years ago and LOVED IT. Everything was kid friendly and perfect: the kids' club, the restaurants, the food, the beach, the people... Even the rooms were great because they're "family rooms" (2 connecting rooms with a bathroom in the middle) so perfect privacy for parents while being right there with the kids. We'd go back this summer but now that there's 5 of us (we've added a new baby to the family), Club Med has gotten too expensive for us Europeans.
We're also looking for an AI family beach resort for this summer, in DR or Mexico, so please share advice if you luck out and find the perfect place!
Merci!
Natalia
Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:48 PM

I have read some good reviews of the new Riu in Negril - Tropical Bay - on www.tripadviser.com Don't know if they are still offering promotional rates or not but it appears there were some good deals to be had.

Search this Thread