Comfortable Hotel/Motel at San Juan Airport

Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Comfortable Hotel/Motel at San Juan Airport

We arrive in the evening in San Juan and have an 8:30 AM flight the next morning to Tortola so we have to arrive back at the airport by about 7AM.
Since all we want is a nice very clean hotel/motel room with good A/C, prefer new (1-3 yrs. old), that has regullar schuttle to and from airport what can you recommend for a comfortable 7 hours of sleep at $150+/-the first week of Dec.?
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:44 PM

Stan, if you really want convenience the hotel at the airport (literally just walk out the door and turn right and it's there) has been remodeled in the past couple of years and is clean and fine for a short one night stay.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Seeweetie; What is the name and contact info if you know it? Have you stayedc there in past 1-2 years? What was rate for king/queen non-smoking room in early Dec., best guesss, is fine.
Do they have a modest resturant for a lite snack before bedtime?
Thanks.
Stan
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:30 AM
rqf

There is a Best Western at the airport. The website is http://puertorico.wheretostay.com/property/2299.html.
The rate shown at the website is 132 a person - seems high. You could probably do better at the Hampton Inn, a less than 10 minute taxi ride from the airport.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:59 AM

None of the hotels offer shuttles to the airport. If I am not mistaken, they are not permitted to. You have to take a taxi to the airport. That said, if you stay in the Isla Verde area, it will be a very short ride to the airport and will cost around $12.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:14 AM

I know someone who recently stayed at the Best Western at the airport and were satisfied with it.

I can also recommend Best Western Hotel Pierre in Isla Verde. There is a restaurant in the same parking lot (or at least there was when I stayed last), and a major grocery store across the street. Other resturants and the beach are in walking distance, as well.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for info. Do you know if the Best Western Isla Verde is a bit nicer than the one right at the airport?

It seems the flight now gets in around 2PM to SJ so we have several hours plus dinner before we bed down for the night and if the taxi is $25 RT and decent resturants are readily available it makes more sense so we are not locked into the airport vicinity.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Isla Verde location, and I've never been to the airport location myself, Stan. So, I don't know if I could help you there.

I agree, however, that with several hours I would prefer not to be at the airport. You would even have time to go into San Juan for a stroll and dinner.

Maybe this will give you some current info on the Isla Verde location. It seems to have mixed reviews of late.

http://caribbean.traveleurope.com/in...-hotel-pierre/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...erto_Rico.html