Reload this Page >

Comfort Suites Nassau in one week....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Dee

Anyone been here? I'm looking for recent experience with this hotel. Any advice in general about Atlantis and Nassau?

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:30 AM
kam

I am also looking for info on this resort. I am wondering if there is a beach at this resort or do we need to walk to Atlantis to reach the beach.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 03:31 PM
tweedy

I think you will be happy with Comfort Suites, as you know you have all the amenities of the Atlantis and don't pay the prices for rooms there. Comfort Suite is across the street from Atlantis, so it is not right on the beach, but pretty close. <BR> <BR>The Atlantis is amazing, and lots of restaurants something like 32 on the grounds. There is also a shopping center called Hurricane Hole, close by so you can buy things to keep in your room, sodas, munchies, drinks. <BR> <BR>Atlantis is breathtaking and close to downtown Nassau so you have the best of both Paradise Island and downtown Nassau. <BR> <BR>Also there is a Zoo and Gardens not far, take the #10 bus and walk a short ways to the Ardastra Zoo and Gardens, and please give Toby the Molucan Cockatoo a scratch for us. <BR> <BR>Have a great time and if you need more info on Nassau please let me know.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 03:50 PM
denise

How did you choose Comfort Suites? Recommended? We are booked at the Clarion Resort and are hoping for some feedback.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Gail

Denise, <BR> Don't know anything about the Clarion. The draw for Comfort Suites is that you are entitled to full privileges at the Atlantis and it costs less to stay at Confort Suites. A continental breakfast is also included at Comfort Suites.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Dee

I'm the original poster. We loved the Comfort Suites. For the budget I had, it was perfect. Full access to Atlantis. The continental breakfast was perfect. Our friends staying at Atlantis thought we got the better deal. Very close to Atlantis, too. About a 5 minute walk across the street. Bigger rooms than our friends who stayed at the Beach Towers. We had a pull out sofa, a small living room area, a fridge with a mini-sink. You'll be very comfortable.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Marc

The Clarion is pretty isolated and you will need to either cab it or take the bus all the time if you want to leave the resort. Didn't get very favorable reviews on several BB's.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Beth

Hi Dee! <BR>I was so happy to find your post. We are planning on booking Comfort Suites for next April. Any tips? We want an adjoining room for our kids. Even though they are allowed to stay in-room, we thought we'd be too crowded since they will be 11 and 13. We figured we be getting a whole lot more room than Atlantis (2 rooms for the price of 1 there) and also breakfast. Did you find it inconvenient to leave for the day? Was it a very far walk to the beach? Which section of the hotel should we try to book? How long did you spend there, and are there any other activities you'd recommend? Thanks for any extra info you can provide!

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Beth

Gail, <BR>Just noticed your name on this thread, and connected that you were the same Gail nice enough to reply to my son's questions about Atlantis slides! Any comments on the Comfort Suites? Thanks again!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Gail

Hi Beth, <BR> You must be John's mom. I have never stayed at the Comfort Suites.We've always stayed at the Coral Towers at the Atlantis. I've heard positive and negative comments about Comfort Suites--just like any other place. Sometimes you can get a room at the Beach Towers at ATlantis for about the same price as the Comfort Suites. It's just the added convenience of staying right there. Atlantis is HUGE, so you'll be doing a lot of walking to explore it all anyway. Comfort Suites is just across the street from the Coral Towers.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 02:01 PM
gary

I'm a little late coming on this post but having stayed at the Comfort Suites about 8 times for an average of 10 days a time over the last 7 years I guess I could be considered qualified to give an opinion. Everything the above posts said about the advantage of staying for less at the Comfort and getting the use of the Atlantis is true. If you want to use the Atlantis and the beach regularly ask for a room on the seciond floor, (lobby level) in the old wing. A new wing was completed last November but it's on the other side of the Hotel from the Atlantis. <BR>The comp cont bkfst is very basic and fine for those who don't eat big breakfasts but anything other than rolls and cereal is extra. The pool is good and much more peaceful than the Atlantis pools. <BR> One thing I was unhappy with on our last stay was the use of the new Health Club in the Atlantis. It seems that priority for use of the shower & locker room is given to those people who have booked massages or classes and at least half the time I was forced to beg my way into the transient lounge next door to the Spa for locker and shower space. Also guard your key with your life - if you loose it they charge you $50.