Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Comfort Suites (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/comfort-suites-503745/)

jaa37 Feb 14th, 2005 08:05 AM

Comfort Suites

Well, it turns out that the Comfort Suites on PI is exactly the same cost (including taxes and fees) as the Radisson, so I'm now leaning towards that property. The only thing I'm worried about is the crowds/kids. We're a mid-20s couple, and we're going from March 4 to March 8 -- will we be overwhelmed by families? Is the beach or the pool very crowded at that time of year?

Lois Feb 14th, 2005 11:53 AM

One big difference to keep in mind:
When you stay at Comfort Suites you get to use all of the facilities at Atlantis. When you stay at Radisson you cannot.

Lois

jaa37 Feb 14th, 2005 04:58 PM

Right -- do you think that makes it worth it to stay at Comfort instead of Radisson? I'm still nervous about the crowds, but Atlantis seems like a pretty fun place to hang out.

massachusetts_mom Feb 19th, 2005 12:58 PM

I think you should stay at Comfort Suites. As the previous poster pointed out, that will give you full access to Atlantis. You will also have use of the pool at CS if Atlantis is too crowded for your taste. If you stay at the Raddisson, that's all you've got to choose from.

wantsomesun Feb 19th, 2005 01:57 PM

I'd agree, do the Comfort Suites, that way you can play at Atlantis, have access to all the amenities, the lazy river, water slides, pools, dig, grounds, etc and yet have the Comfort Suites to go back to which is a bit more laid back and quiet and you can have fun there as well with pool and the swim up bar.

Also staying at CS you have a nice free breakfast, so you'll cut down on what you are spending on food as well.

Have a great time, and enjoy The Bahamas.

tsl Feb 19th, 2005 01:58 PM

We just stayed at the Comfort Suites over Christmas and there were very few people by their pool. (Hotel was sold out too) It was definitely worth staying there for access to Atlantis. You will love the Atlantis property much more than staying at the CS pool. If you're worried about families being nearby or overcrowding you - you have many many possiblities at the Atlantis. Being in your mid-20's you have to go on the slides at Atlantis. Hands down! Stay at the Comfort Suites unless you're planning on staying in your room. The rooms are O.K. Nothing fancy but clean.

elovell Feb 19th, 2005 02:28 PM

Since you stayed at Comfort Suites, how much did you spend on food etc. Where would you recommend to eat?

massachusetts_mom Feb 20th, 2005 05:31 AM

We stayed at CS last summer. Although we went out for some nice dinners (Italian restaurant in Hurrican Hole Plaza was great), some evenings we felt like just having a quick bite. There is a sub shop (Quiznos) in the HH Plaza...we did take out and brought it back to CS. Ate in the area reserved for breakfast...no one bothered us. Another evening we ate at the Green Parrott(?), an open air restaurant by the marina...a short walk from CS. You can either eat there or take out. We ate there at a table right on the water....their wraps and burgers are awesome and reasonably priced.