College Spring Break- Where to go?

Nov 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

College Spring Break- Where to go?

I am trying to plan a spring break with a bunch of friends and we are having difficulty on picking a destination.

Here's the deal: There will be 10-12 girls who can spend between $1000-$1400 for the week, including airfare, we'll be travelling from Washington, DC. We do not need excessive spring break parties, but nightlife is very important to us (we're seniors in college, need to live it up one last time!). We also don't need 5 star properties, but I don't want to stay in a crappy hotel where I won't feel safe. I am not opposed to all-inclusive but the food at the hotels is usually awful, but on the plus side drinks are included!

These are the places we've come up with. There's at least one person opposed to each place, so new ideas are GREATLY welcomed! So they are, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica (which I am opposed to), Bahamas (Paradise Island, not Nassau).

We went to Acapulco 2 years ago, which was awesome and so much fun, but very dirty, so people are hesitant on going back to Mexico.

So, any ideas where we could go to relax for a week and have some fun on our limited budget?
Nov 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM
iluvny

How about South Beach in Miami or the Keys - I know they're not typical Spring Break places - but have great nightlife.

Nov 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM

When I was in college my friends and I took a cruise from Miami to the Western Caribbean. It was pretty inexpensive, I think it was about $400-500 per person. The only thing you'll have to bring money for is to drink and if you want to do any excursions. The cruise was good b/c it allowed people to do their own thing (which can be an issue with so many girls!). I suggest that you keep it to only 2-3 girls per room- we had 4 in each room and it got to be a little too close for comfort.

There are many 5 day cruises from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, which would be fun b/c you could do South Beach the night before. There would be no problem in keeping the whole trip well within your budget.

You could also depart from NYC where there are many Caribbean and Bahamas cruises.

Search this Thread