Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Coffee shop on Provo? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/coffee-shop-on-provo-794914/)

sandsunbeach Jul 10th, 2009 05:29 PM

Coffee shop on Provo?

I am staying at the Regent Grand on Provo (1st time). Is there a coffee shop in the near vicinity that serves a latte??? If not, I will be traveling with my "travel espresso" machine.
Thanks!

virginia Jul 11th, 2009 05:01 AM

seriously? there is a travel expresso machine?

sandsunbeach Jul 11th, 2009 05:20 AM

We go to North Carolina every summer to an area that does not have a good coffee shop, so I purchased an espresso machine that is smaller than the machine I use at home. It is always boxed and ready to travel and it has gone on many trips with me. I heard on Trip Advisor that there is a good coffee shop, so I am set for Turks and Caicos.

thit_cho Jul 11th, 2009 06:12 AM

I was in Provo last week and had lunch in a diner/cafe in the Saltmills strip of stores. It looked like they served coffee, but I don't drink it so I can't tell you if they had a latte (I'm not 100% sure I even know what that is).

blamona Jul 11th, 2009 07:27 AM

Saltmills is across the Regent Grand, I think they have them, but you might want to call/email them to make sure.

There is also the new Fresh Bistro Gormet, across from RWI. Again, I think they do, but it's a little far to walk it every morning (not hateful, just don't know if you'd walk in the heat for it.)

IGA supermarket cafe may have one, it's walkable from Regent Grand.

Corner Cafe definately has them, if you have a Panera Bread where you live, it's a small version of that. They are located next to original IGA Supermarket on the highway, so definately need a car.

All of the phone numbers, and if they have emails, are listed at www.WhereWhenHow.tc.

There is a link for IGA too, if you google it you can email them too.

blamona Jul 11th, 2009 07:28 AM

PS IGA Gourmet has coffee from Haiti, which is AMAZING. So smooth, better than anything from Costa Rica, if you can believe it. You need to try it if you're a coffee coinesuer.

mymoosie Jul 11th, 2009 07:51 AM

I had a capuccino at Saltmills in March, so they do have a machine. But do call or email to make sure it is working. I would hazzard to guess any high end hotel restaurant would have an espresso machine.

sandsunbeach Jul 11th, 2009 09:36 AM

Thanks for the information. The "WhereWhenHow" site is wonderful. I called the Saltmills Cafe and Diner and they serve lattes! Thanks!!

sandsunbeach Jul 11th, 2009 09:39 AM

We are excited about trying the coffee from Haiti! Thanks for the suggestion.

january89 Jul 11th, 2009 12:14 PM

Don't know about coffee, but you will LOVE the Regent Grand. heck, if you ask Calvin when you arrive he'll probably figure out a way to have a latte delivered to you every morning. (Just kidding, but they were super nice)