Reload this Page >

Club St. Lucia Upgrade?

Search

Club St. Lucia Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 06:57 AM
Craig

Club St. Lucia Upgrade?

For our 25th anniversary my wife and I are planning on going to St. Lucia or similar island. We don't need luxury, but looking for good food, clean room. Like to snorkle and play golf and Club St. Lucia all inclusive appeared to be within our budget. Earlier comments from 1-2 years ago didn't sound too good, but the place was supposed to have been upgraded? Would appreciate any comments that will help our 25th go well. Thanks.

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 12:18 PM
David

We've just returned from our second family visit to Club St Lucia. Its recently been upgraded and is run on a "village concept". Separate villages for families, those wanting quieter times etc. Everyone uses same facilities, restaurants etc. <BR>Snorkelling from the beach is OK but this is not really a snorkelling spot. Food is adequate, not gourmet and everything is buffet style. A full service restaurant will open sometime. You can eat out at a number of local restaurants if you start suffering from buffet fatigue! <BR>Rooms, at least where we were, were clean, spacious, linen changed daily. Bathrooms OK but will need upgrading in near future. <BR>Its a good value family resort, not luxurious, with good staff and very friendly service. <BR>Golf course just opposite club entrance. <BR>The upgrading has mainly been the conversion to the village concept and building 2 new pools including swim up bar. Rooms are basically unchanged. <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 05:38 AM
Jennifer

Didn't stay there myself, but met someone who left after three days and transferred to Sandals. They said it was in the middle of being remodeled. <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 02:13 PM
David

Thank-you for taking the time to answer my questions. I believe from what I am hearing that we will try to go to Club St. Lucia at some other time than our 25th. We haven't taken a vacation by ourselves in many years and a few extra dollars for table dining and other amenities are probably worth the extra money. <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 02:17 PM
Jennifer

Thanks for your information. I appreciate your time for responding. Since we are looking for something a bit more special for our 25th, I think Club St. Lucia may be a place to go when budget is the only driving factor. Thanks again. <BR>