Search

Club Hedonism?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 1998, 02:36 PM
jewells

Club Hedonism?

Hi a friend and I are planning an all-inclusive vacation for Spring Break. Some of our options are Club Med Cancun or Playa Blanca and Super Clubs Negril - Club Hedonism ll. We want to go and have fun including sports, partying, sun and sand. We would also prefer a club that caters to adults obviously. I hope you can help us we want to book our tickets within the next week. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR>

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 04:23 PM
Cassie

I have been a frequent Hedonism guest (and forum poster) - have been there 5 times! If you are truly looking for a casual relaxed ADULTS only environment, then seriously consider Hedo. It is more all-inclusive than Club Meds - they generally charge for drinks. Not all Club Meds are adults only either. Hedo is a true all-inclusive - your fee includes room, meals, drinks, water activities, disco, parties, piano bar, etc. In addition tipping is NOT allowed on the property. Be warned that Hedo would get an R rating if it were a movie. Nudity is allowed, and there is a nude beach and nude hot tub area. All of the party games contain a fair bit of sexual innuendo, and the "pajama party" can get fairly racy (leather and lace - but it doesn't start till nearly midnight). The toga party is a scream. All that said however, you do not have to do anything you aren't comfortable with, no one will force you into anything. If you go with an open mind, you will find a lovely resort, with excellent meals, a friendly staff, great surroundings, and a very casual atmosphere. You need NO dressy clothes, just shorts, T-shirts, and sandals. There will be lots of young adult singles and couples (25-35), but also a fair contingent of retirement age couples who are regulars - many have visited dozens of times. For your money, I would vote Hedonism II. You can email me if you have a specific question or concern. <BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 08:00 PM
Debbie

Hi! <BR>I am not sure if you have made that trip you were planning but my hubby and I have been to Playa Blanca and it is absolutely beautiful. It is extremely laid back and even though it is an all ages resort, it caters to adult singles and couples mostly. We were there during Thanksgiving time several years ago and it was very humid but the food was good, the rooms are cozy with incredible views, and the beach is actually a private inlet that is surrounded by cliffs. It doesn't have the "wild-side" that Hedomism does but it is definitely worth seeing...not a bad night life either. ENJOY!

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 11:16 PM

What are the ages of the people at Club Med Playa Blanca, what percent of the people are single, what is the male/female guest ratio

Old Mar 16th, 1999, 04:51 PM
barb

Went to Playa Blanca a few years ago with a friend. It was all adults then, but it is now a kid-friendly resort. If that doesn't bother you, you should like it. We went and it was about 60 to 70 percent women. the Club Med person said that is standard at most of them because single women tend to travel in packs and men don't. I've heard Cancun and turks are better. I met a great guy nd had a lot of fun. My only complaint is that there is not the crystal blue water and white sand that you find on the Caribbean side. For that reason, I'd go to Cancun.