Notices

Cliffs vs beach in Negril

Jun 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Cliffs vs beach in Negril

I am in the process of booking a weeklong Xmas/New Year trip for 5 adults. Seriously looking at Negril, Jamaica; though none of us has ever been.

Question: If we stay at one of the places on the cliffs, are there any problems with going to the beach? Easy drive? Public access? Are there other beaches to drive to?

Thanks in advance.
Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM

If the beach is that important...stay on the beach. That is what we do. There are two types of Negril travelers...those who prefer the beach and those who prefer the cliffs. The beach is easy to get to from the cliffs....about a 10 minute taxi. And there are many hotels you can "camp" at as long as you buy some drinks and possibly lunch at. We only stay on the beach as that is one of the most important facets of our vacation. We like to wake up, have coffee and a light breakfast, then set up camp on the beach with IRIE-FM on the stereo. We try to make it up to cliffs once or twice with the Rockhouse and 3 Dives definitely worth the trip. There are, really, no other beaches close by, unless you drive to the Treasure Beach area about an hour or so away.
Jun 27th, 2006, 11:33 AM

We stay on both, sometimes we split our trip. I love to swim, doesn't need to be with sand, I'm perfectly happy floating and swimming and snorkleing off the cliffs.

Taxi between the two is $10 easy, $5 if you feel up to lots of bargaining.

Search this Thread