Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Christmas All-inclusive with 4 children (15,17,20,22)

Christmas All-inclusive with 4 children (15,17,20,22)

Apr 28th, 1998, 12:23 PM
Eileen Sherman

Christmas All-inclusive with 4 children (15,17,20,22)

Any ideas where to take a family of 6 (children ages 15, 17, 20 and 22)obviously, all inclusive. Who could afford to feed them otherwise. We took them to the Dominican Republic three years ago. I was shocked to see the females without bathing suit tops on. I don't want to repeat that, if possible. I was very uncomfortable the entire vacation. We were thinking about Cozamel, Playa del Carmen or the Dominican Republic if we can find a place where they keep their clothes on.

Apr 29th, 1998, 05:38 AM
Doug

I wouldn't try Playa if you are that uptight about topless women. There are a lot of Europeans and quite a bit of topless sun bathing. Might try Cozumel, we have stayed at the Diamond, it was nice, but isolated. The problem w/ Cozumel is that the kids might get bored. I think you are going to have to get over your problem w/ topless bathing if you are going to leave the US. This is very common all over the Carribean. Good Luck

Apr 29th, 1998, 07:20 AM
Marcie

We should get together! I'm having the same problem finding the right all inclusive for our daughters (age 18 & 21). So many either cater to couples or small children. We're leaning towards Jamaica because of the warmer weather over Christmas and there are lots of things to keep our daughters active etc. As for the topless, I don't think you can get around that in most of the Caribbean...just don't go to Hedonism (most of their guests hang out at the all nude beach) your kids are old enough that the topless beach will probably not be that big of a shock. Good luck!

Search this Thread