Christie's Grand Cayman report Part 3

May 19th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Christie's Grand Cayman report Part 3

Day 3

We had reservations with Captain Marvin's for stingray City at 1:30.We were giving a message that the reserv. had been cancelled.I called them and they did not have enough people to do our tour.They made us a new reserv. for the 3 hour snorkeling tour for 2:30 (we originally had the 2 hour tour)but we still paid the price of the 2 hour tour and had to be at the office for pickup at 1:15 for pickup.

That worked out great because we got to go to Coral Gardens,The Barrier Reef and Stingray City.

I highly recommend Capt. Marvin's the crew was wonderful and very informative.A guy named Paul scuba dived the whole trip and video taped our experience.He played the tape back on the way back so we could see it.A couple with a little girl and us bought a copy of the DVD for $60 USD and it was delivered to our room on Saturday.

The stingrays were awesome and seemed so tame and loved the attention from all of us.My 3 yr old kept asking to go to Stingray City the rest of our trip.It was the highlight of our trip.

On our trip we saw Flamingo Tongues,Christmas Tree worms,a giant anemone,all kinds of coral,a Green Moray eel that the guys were feeding and it swam around so we could get some good pictures.We also saw a Trumpetfish,a Reef Squirrel Fish and tons of other fish.

Dinner was at Pappagallo's.It was very good and very expensive $300 USD for the 6 of us.We had 2 Apps,a few drinks and Entrees.

Me and my husband went out to Coconut Joe's again.We also went to a club called the O Bar we went dancing at.We called it a night around 2:00 am.I went to bed.My husband hung out on the beach for a few hours with our Jamaican friend.

Christie

May 19th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Here is a link to some of the Stingray City pictures http://photo.walmart.com/photo/share/share_album.aspx
May 19th, 2006, 04:54 AM
nkd

Christie, please cut all parts of your report and paste them under one title. All together. It is so much easier to follow and read
May 19th, 2006, 05:01 AM

I have to agree with nkd. Just keep replying to Part 1.
Think about the future, if someone asks a question and you tell them to look at your trip report. They'll have to "hunt down" all the different parts.
No offense intended.
May 19th, 2006, 06:34 AM

Christie: Love your report so far. Sounds like your mom had a better time this time. Grand Cayman is definitely on my list of "have to go someday" places. Of course, I've heard of Stingray City and it sounds wonderful from your report. I've also heard of the great dive sites like the opportunity to dive close to an active volcano site where you can see lava cooling below you. Neat, huh? Can't wait. One of these days. I love that DH is now willing to try Jamaica. Just goes to show you, it only takes one or two nice people to be an effective ambassador.
May 19th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Mae,
Being that you love to snorkel/dive...you will love Grand Cayman.My husband and I are going to get certified to dive now.

Stingray City was a great experience.

I am continuing my report under the Part 1 now so people do not get confused...thanks everyone for that advice.

Christie

Search this Thread