Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Changes in attitude and latitude/Nevis (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/changes-in-attitude-and-latitude-nevis-620381/)

MarionCK Jun 2nd, 2006 12:51 PM

Changes in attitude and latitude/Nevis

Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions on my original post.

With lack of response from Montpelier, I went from GROWL to whining and my apology to all for that.

I did finally pick up the phone (thanks, EJ ) confident that I would not growl. I was greeted, most warmly, by a staff memeber who was anxious to help.

I have the Summer Special rate, and have been able to change my return flight.

So... it's the beach and the mountains for me.

My only other wish is that someone might be traveling to Nevis in July :-) ??

Thanks again for all the helpful and calming suggestions !

Marion

cw Jun 2nd, 2006 01:13 PM

So glad you got everything straightened out. Will look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return.

CW

P.S. I wish I was going to be there in July!

ejcrowe Jun 2nd, 2006 01:17 PM

Oh, Marion, I am so pleased to read your update. Now if only I could be in Nevis while you're there to share a Killer Bee with you, but alas, I shall have to be with you in spirit only.

I'm glad Montpelier worked out for you after all. The Golden Rock is a very pleasant place, but I think it might be a small let down after Nisbet.

A_Traveller Jun 2nd, 2006 01:20 PM

Glad your concerns were addressed. Montpelier is really a great Plantation Inn and you'd be hard pressed to find a better "Old World Caribbean" experience. The Hoffmans are terrific host. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay.

By the way, internet service and e-mail on Nevis is not as reliable or efficient as the major cities of the world world and many locals do not use e-mail as much as people in the US so that might be one reason for the tardiness of a response.

MarionCK Jun 2nd, 2006 01:30 PM

I'll have Killer Bees for all :-)

Now there's an intersting idea...but who will help the *senior lady* back to the Inn ;-)

Marion

MIM04 Jun 2nd, 2006 02:10 PM

Marion - glad you got it worked out. You will love both places. Some are not so good at email though :) but don't worry. Glad you called.

I will not be in Nevis, but hopefully you will meet my mom at some point!

MarionCK Jun 2nd, 2006 02:21 PM

MIM,

How nice to see your screen name :-)

I would love to meet your Mom !

It would be fun if I could take her to dinner...her choice...as long as she does the driving ;-)

Nisbet arrival 7/10

Montpelier arrival 7/24

Departure from Nevis 7/29

Seems like enough time for two women to get together :-)

Marion

MIM04 Jun 2nd, 2006 06:54 PM

Marion - Thanks. I will let her know. I know she would love to meet you as I have spoken of you in the past. I am sorry I will not be there! Maybe next time you visit. See I already know you will love it and want to come back. :0

mah1980 Jun 2nd, 2006 07:17 PM

I'm glad you got everything figured out Marion. I'm sure you will have an amazing time!

Isn't it a shame that everyone doesn't operate via e-mail?

iw Jun 2nd, 2006 10:08 PM

I am so glad that everything has worked out for you! I would love to meet up with you, but we will be leaving at the end of June and heading on to St. Martin. I hope your stay/wedding is wonderful. Nevis is a great island!!
Karen